Thread: Car won't idle 1998 Camaro z28 TSP headers,ls6 intake

Potential Tuner

Car won't idle 1998 Camaro z28 TSP headers,ls6 intake

I had bricked my other ecu tried to install new ecu car would idle but not stay running if someone can help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it. Car has above mods and that is all. TSP headers,SLP LID,LS6 intake.I have no wideband at the moment. I am located in Georgia near Metro atlanta area.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Update:Car had connectivity issues with the HP tuner Editor only! I could flash the car but could not read.So I figured after reading Bills Sticky from Hp tuner about tuning.I figured I would share the solution to p0601 code in 1998 PCM!

This is just my 2cent I had a issue where my car misread a flash.The thing I screwed up on was trying to rewrite that flash with corrupt tune.The battery went low in the process of writing the tune. Because my car was already tuned with LS1 edit without my knowledge.

So I am back to at least square one........

I was down on my luck for a few days. SO I sat back and just read and few things and fingured out the scanner and interface,READ READ READ! Never rewrite with another tune!!!Using write entire!If it is from another vehicle with a different vin ! You will have to relicense it... Because you just wrote the entire OS and Calibrations into the ecu.Way to eat some Credits trust me! I'm sorry I come from a world of Hondas where simple flashing the tunes from different cars is totally different......IMO I've used Honda and successfully tuned my 05 RSX.Which I have video proof of beating a 335I,Hung with my cousins g8 GT! lol So if I can work that its just some different way to think about it! I'm younger enthusiast lot easier to get frustrated with things.Some times just takes time to figure things out.....Like BILL SAID THE ANSWER ARE THERE!

So I took a test light checked all my fuses replaced any that look slightly broken,Or corroded....I realized that a 30 AMP fuse was in my Eng Cont module fuse under the hood.I guess the person, before me decided. Since it kept blowing to replace it with 30 amp.I just replaced the 15amp made sure battery was charged 2a slow charge,Red top OPT! TOOKKKKKKKKK A WHILE! But I have full confidence that my battery will be charged.LET ME REMIND YOU THIS IS AFTER I TOOK IT TO LOCAL PARTS STORE TO BE CHARGED!I borrowed my brother charger and it showed 50%!

-So if your not connecting to interface make sure you have a strong battery.

-CHECK FUSES.

-If you have a Windows 8 PC ,Just for my mind sake I reinstalled HP tuner! Due to the way it connected to the pc,On different occasions.

-Find the Original File that you license that hadn't be FUDGED UP BY YOU! JK Hope this helps some people gives me a sigh of relief!