Thread: help with license

Tuner

help with license

i just tuned a car last week 2014 ss sedan 6.2 im about to retune it and its asking me to license it again ??? i already updated application key and updated it to the newest version
    Josh Performance Tuning (956)784-0059
    https://www.facebook.com/joshperformancetuning

Tuner in Training
    I just had this same issue today. Licensed my TBSS yesterday and it just asked me again to do it. When I checked my license info it says that I registered a 2005 GTO as well as my TBSS, which I did not. Took two more credits from me. Sent the support team an email earlier about it.
    Last edited by MindBlowin03; 03-17-2016 at 06:25 PM.

Tuner
    yeah it sucks bro i already sent an email to support
    Quote Originally Posted by MindBlowin03 View Post
    I just had this same issue today. Licensed my TBSS yesterday and it just asked me again to do it. When I checked my license info it says that I registered a 2005 GTO as well as my TBSS, which I did not. Took two more credits from me. Sent the support team an email earlier about it.

Tuner in Training
    I was told it was a user error. I'm not sure how I did that but there goes $100 in credits. Not too happy about that.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshtuning View Post
    i just tuned a car last week 2014 ss sedan 6.2 im about to retune it and its asking me to license it again ??? i already updated application key and updated it to the newest version
    email support, in 2.24 it would improperly identify Chevy SS as a holden, 3.0 identifies them correctly but theres no easy way to convert 2.24 licenses to 3.0 so we just issue credits in these cases so you can license them with 3.0
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Sounds like you had a GTO file open and licensed it, doesn't sound like a software issue to me.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Sounds like you had a GTO file open and licensed it, doesn't sound like a software issue to me.
    Opened package, connected to truck, read the file, licensed it. Maybe I did something wrong...

Tuner
    thanks will do sir
    email support, in 2.24 it would improperly identify Chevy SS as a holden, 3.0 identifies them correctly but theres no easy way to convert 2.24 licenses to 3.0 so we just issue credits in these cases so you can license them with 3.0

Tuner in Training
    Opened package, connected to truck, read the file, licensed it. Maybe I did something wrong...
    Turns out I last opened a sample GTO file which opened by default when I connected to the truck, and NOT my TBSS file. That's why I licensed a GTO. Obvious mistake but unfortunately it cost me two credits, kinda sucks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Turns out I last opened a sample GTO file which opened by default when I connected to the truck, and NOT my TBSS file. That's why I licensed a GTO. Obvious mistake but unfortunately it cost me two credits, kinda sucks.
    Sample files don't open by default, at one point or another you opened it and licensed it.

By default the software doesn't open any file.

Tuner in Training
    Sample files don't open by default, at one point or another you opened it and licensed it.

By default the software doesn't open any file.
    I just tried mine several times and it opens the last viewed file every time. Even a sample file. That's why I licensed a sample file, accidentally of course. I even tried restarting the computer and sure enough when I click the editor software the last viewed file showed up by default(which was a sample file).

Tuner in Training
    I noticed mine will do that as well when you open the editor it will pull up the last viewed file and also the windows that were last open...

Tuner in Training
    I just discovered that you can go to options and uncheck the option to show previous file on start up!