Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Balancing Fuel Rate on CR 5.9 injectors

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jewing3227 View Post
    I used the Walmart brand ATF. I seen that people were putting one quart in a full tank of fuel and decided to up the rate to a quart and a half to a full tank. It took about one full tank and the rates came down to the norm of my Injectors.I also initially had some rough idling on cold startup and it took care of that as well.
    I actually fill my fuel filter canister up with ATF when I change the fuel filter, works like a charm!
    15 C7Z M7

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffo60 View Post
    I actually fill my fuel filter canister up with ATF when I change the fuel filter, works like a charm!
    Completely filled it up? Man I would think that would be too much at once. Might be something to consider when the fuel filter is changed. Good info man

Tuner
    Completely filled it up? Man I would think that would be too much at once. Might be something to consider when the fuel filter is changed. Good info man
    I thought so too at first but it fired right up. I did it because mine was starting to puff some white smoke at start up and after that it cleared it right up!
    15 C7Z M7

Tuner in Training
    I thought so too at first but it fired right up. I did it because mine was starting to puff some white smoke at start up and after that it cleared it right up!

So basically you swapped filters, topped the new filter to the top with ATF, and ran it?

Tuner
    So basically you swapped filters, topped the new filter to the top with ATF, and ran it?
    Yep
    15 C7Z M7

Tuner
    Yep

Seriously?
    2005 Cummins 325/600 G56 3.73
    Reving to 4800
    Worked Head, Twin Disc, BBI

Tuner in Training
    To me that seems like TOO much but I dunno....

Tuner
    To me that seems like TOO much but I dunno....
    no im surprised you guys are putting ATF in anything... Thats what i meant by seriously...

You poured a quart in your 35 gallon tank and just ran it....?
    2005 Cummins 325/600 G56 3.73
    Reving to 4800
    Worked Head, Twin Disc, BBI

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamofo View Post
    no im surprised you guys are putting ATF in anything... Thats what i meant by seriously...

You poured a quart in your 35 gallon tank and just ran it....?

Yea, 1 quart in a tank full. It helped my start up issues along with initial white smoke on start up I was experiencing.

With that said, 2 days ago, I had 3 injectors die on me.....all 3 injectors ohmed at over 15 ohms each so I feel fairly safe saying electrical was the issue here.

I have a set of 150% S&S's headed my way.

The dealership I bought the truck from had a "fresh" set of reman put in right before I bought it and at the time I didn't really know any better but after reading up figured I was on borrowed time anyways. It's the luck of the draw with remans....I firmly believe that now.