Thread: shift delays

Tuner in Training

shift delays

hey guys. this srt8 I've been working on is coming out smoothly. my 1-2 shift is spot on and fast. but when it comes to my 2-3 and 3-4 it delays and feels like tqm mgt is kicking in. this is all under WOT. Part throttle is no issue. I've adjusted a few tables but I seem to be missing something. any insight I'm missing?
    thanks in advance
    08 CHARGER SRT8 2.hpt
    Last edited by Blue95sil; 03-27-2016 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue95sil View Post
    hey guys. this srt8 I've been working on is coming out smoothly. my 1-2 shift is spot on and fast. but when it comes to my 2-3 and 3-4 it delays and feels like tqm mgt is kicking in. this is all under WOT. Part throttle is no issue. I've adjusted a few tables but I seem to be missing something. any insight I'm missing?
    thanks in advance
    08 CHARGER SRT8 2.hpt
    I'm having these issues too with a truck but it's the 1-2 shift & I'm watching the throttle blade close 50% on the shift when it happens. I thought I had all tq management off but I guess I need to keep looking.
    99 T/A WS6, original LS1 turbo

Senior Tuner
    Couple issues here, but first what mods are done to the car?

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Couple issues here, but first what mods are done to the car?
    Sorry just saw this, it turns out it was my fault. I changed the WOT shift RPM but forgot to change the in drive RPM limit, so it was still somehow sorta shifting where it should but was falling on its face because the RPM limit was shutting the throttle blade down to 40%. I also bumped the allowed torque for each gear to be certain I solved the issue completely.
    99 T/A WS6, original LS1 turbo