Thread: 05-07 PT Cruiser GT 2.4L Turbo Support? NGC3?

Tuner in Training

05-07 PT Cruiser GT 2.4L Turbo Support? NGC3?

Hi Gents,

Looking to pick up a PT Cruiser GT for a beater/parts delivery vehicle, and I'm curious if the 06-07 (some were sold as an 08) 2.4L Turbos are supported like my 05 SRT-4 is?

I'm not sure if they use a NGC3 controller or not in the later years? I wish I had one to pull the file off of to send in, but I don't : (

Thanks in advance...
    Eric

Advanced Tuner
    I'd be pretty surprised if they weren't still using NGC3 controllers, even up to 07. But, it's always possible they switched, so you're wise to wait and see. Though, I kind of doubt that HP Tuners themselves would entirely know the answer to that question without seeing one in person.

Your best bet would be to go find one that you can do a quick read on, even if it means taking one for a test drive from a dealership, and stopping somewhere to take the read while on your test drive.

Quote Originally Posted by UglyBoost91 View Post
    Hi Gents,

Looking to pick up a PT Cruiser GT for a beater/parts delivery vehicle, and I'm curious if the 06-07 (some were sold as an 08) 2.4L Turbos are supported like my 05 SRT-4 is?

I'm not sure if they use a NGC3 controller or not in the later years? I wish I had one to pull the file off of to send in, but I don't : (

Thanks in advance...
    Eric
    We have defined a few 2006 PT Cruiser GT Operating Systems and one 2007 Operating system. Both used NGC3. I'm not sure on 2008.

Potential Tuner
    Pretty sure PT Cruisers used NGC3 through 2008.