Thread: fg injector duty cycle

Advanced Tuner

fg injector duty cycle

Can you log injector duty cylce with the 3.0 scanner on a fg, can't seem to make it work. I am logging pulse width in channels and got the duty clycle in the charts and no deal.

Advanced Tuner
    No one else has this problem?

Tuner
    Yes you can. You need IPW of at least one bank I believe and RPM. Then put the IDC in the charts. At least thats the way I have understood it. And that how I have it, I have both banks IPW with IDC in the charts.

Advanced Tuner
    Both banks?, how dose a straight 6 have 2 banks I am logging pw and rpm.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm guessing duffman was talking about V8, I don't have access to a FG turbo but I believe it is possible just a matter of logging the correct parameters & do a math calc for the user defined pid?

Advanced Tuner
    I tried doing a user defined but im to dumb to work out the equation quess i should of listen more in math class, i heard some where that the falcons will pulse the injector 2 times per 4 storke cycle not one like normal. Does anyone have the math equation worked out?.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm 99% sure IH8TOADS mentioned it in 1 of his posts if you search his posts?

Advanced Tuner
    yeah just tried a search couldn't find it.

Advanced Tuner
    I haven't logged with HPT 3.0. Mate said he had some problems logging IPW with an FG and 3.0 though. With other software I log RPM and IPW and then calculate IDC.

Advanced Tuner
    Iv got rpm and injector pulse width they work fine but the predefined injector duty cycle does not.

Advanced Tuner
    Can't find my original post but:

IDC = IPW * RPM / 1.2

IDC is in %, IPW in Seconds

So if you had a ipw of 17ms at 6000 rpm your IDC = 17/1000 * 6000/ 1.2 = 85%. It would also mean your injector has 3ms of time available for dead time and closing time.

Advanced Tuner
    The deadtime is accounted for with the batt offset value at operating voltage. This is a fixed fuel pulsewidth adder, so if you want a more true IDC adder then add the batt offset value to your logged IPW and then run the IDC calc.