Thread: Rear Errors, Request Download timed out

Tuner in Training

Rear Errors, Request Download timed out

Turbo 2003 Silverado... It does not run and the owner says it has a Black Bear Tune on it. I contacted Black Bear and they say they do not lock their tunes. I am getting an error every time try to read the truck. On the forum I found some people saying to check the cig lighter fuse, which was fine.

I was able to disable the 'use high speed' and got a read after 30 minutes or so, but then VCM editor crashed and the file that was left was not usable either. I attached it because maybe it will help.

I also attached the errors that I was receiving.

"Request Download timed out" when attempting high speed.
    "Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object" after a low speed read.

I am updated to 3.0.60.

I just threw another ECU in the truck that I don't want to use but to try and read.
    I get the same error with high speed enabled, but it did allow me to read it on low speed.

Note: The truck seems to need a new battery but I have had it on a 12amp battery charger for all of this.

Thanks for any help and/or suggestions.

See attachments.

read after disabling high speed.hpterror after disable high speed.jpgerror got this once.pngerror with high speed read.jpg

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    It seems as though something alot more serious is going on here. Mabey just a short circuit, but either way don't try tuning that vehicle untill the customer gets the communications mess sorted out and you can read & write just like normal. Otherwise this may turn into a headache for you real fast.

Senior Tuner
    I would look for aftermarket devices on the communication bus. Radios, Ipod adapters, etc.
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    HP provided a software update and it opens the file now. Thanks!

"We apologize for the delay. Please download latest software from your customer panel. It will now open your file.
    As for the low/high speed issue, that is likely an issue on the vehicle side, perhaps a low battery or an aftermarket radio interfering."