Thread: Update help for dummies?l

Tuner in Training

Update help for dummies?l

Seems like every time HPT has an update its like pulling teeth for me to get it installed on my laptop. I know they recently released 3.0 and I hadnt updated to that yet. I just finished a cam install in a customers car and they brought me the cable that their friend owns that has a license for their car on it. I guess they have the newest version cause it said I didnt have a license to read the vcm. I downloaded the update to my computer and just when I think I'm done I get this message that reads-

error 1335. The cabinet file data1.cab required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the cd rom, or a problem with this package.

I dont even know where to start after seeing that. Just know I'd like to get this installed so I can do some idle and drivability tuning done on this car.

Thanks guys!

2002 Black on Black WS6 M6 | ASC#4489 Idle clip w/ rev
    AFR/Comp |
    True-duals | TEXtralia | M9 w/4.30s | BMR | HP Tuners

Y2K ECSB Silverado Z-71-6" Pro Comp, 3" PA, Motive 4.88s, Moto Metals wrapped in 35" Mud Grapplers.

Tuner in Training
    Well a computer guru buddy helped me figure that out. Now Im trying to figure out how to use someone elses cable with my laptop. It doesnt recognize it. Gonna try some searches on here but if anyone knows please fill me in.

Thanks

AFR/Comp |

Y2K ECSB Silverado Z-71-6" Pro Comp, 3" PA, Motive 4.88s, Moto Metals wrapped in 35" Mud Grapplers.

Tuner in Training
    I think I figured it out. I just need to input the serial number and then the latest application key to the guys interface to use his. Then enter in mine when I want to go back to mine.

AFR/Comp |