Thread: Ecotec 2.2 TCC and shift point theorys, need a little help

Advanced Tuner

Ecotec 2.2 TCC and shift point theorys, need a little help

I am trying to figure out the best shift theory on setting up my shift points and converter lock up for mileage.

My goal is mileage and not power...not that we had much power to start with! lol

I attached both a stock file and the file currently in the car. Its a stock 05 Cavi with Auto 2.2 Ecotec. I know its a powerhouse! Is there a plus or minus to the converter locking in 3rd then shifting locked into 4th like it appears to in the stock file? I am having a hard time getting the shifts and converter lock up to be sequential. Ideally I though with it locking in 3 and 4th I could get it to be similar to a 6 speed auto, basically 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd locked, 4th, 4th locked but I never seemed to nail that. So I am trying no converter in 3rd and it not locking till 4th. Simply a 5 speed. Ive changed shift pressure and taken out TM. Any positive criticism would be appreciated.

05 Cavi NEW Pcm.hpt
    retune 2 spike tune trans.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone got any thoughts?

Hey Popeye55, I'm currently working on something similar. There's a lack of documentation for how the logic works on the transmission shift points for these trans. Perhaps we can find an expert to chime in?

Tuner in Training
    have u tried reducing lock speed below shift speed?
    Attached Images Attached Images