Thread: TCC Mode and Slip

Senior Tuner

TCC Mode and Slip

Under full throttle, what should I expect to see for the TCC Mode and what is normal slip RPM amount?

Currently always stays in "Slip" mode and rpm slip ranges from 3-400rpms. At the hit in any gear the slip rpm can get as high as 700rpms.

Senior Tuner
    EDIT: only in neutral and park, I see "UNLOCKED", in 1st gear I can see it "APPLY" and then move to "SLIP" and all other gears only see "SLIP"

I assume this is normal operation, once into 2nd gear converter follows the desired slip tables for each driving mode. This is what the TCM would call "LOCKED" as you are never truly locked.

That said, I noticed my slip rpms going all over the place while cruising, desired is say 25rpms and its swinging actually slip from 5 go 75rpms. Seems to be having an effect on my tune and fuel trims with the rapid RPM changes at the engine.

Hi, Did you ever fix this? I see you got no help. I need to know if you got it done and what it was? Thanks
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler
    2005 Radix'd Silverado L33 5.3 ECSB Z71 @ 387-HP 395-TQ