Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Flex Fuel: How to Guide - Who wants to see it?

Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    The conflicting things about whether it's the 11-14 or 15 that can run on E85 with just minor bolt ons is getting me. Being able to log IDC would really be nice. Any workaround to log it?

Put in a request for Injector pulse width. Eric just did mine last week.
    screenshot IPW.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bbrooks98 View Post
    Put in a request for Injector pulse width. Eric just did mine last week.
    screenshot IPW.jpg
    I can get IPW to log on my 2016 but for some reason IDC does not. Maybe I'll send a note to support.

Senior Tuner
    IDC is just a calculation based on IPW. Probably faster to just log IPW and then do the calculation than to have the calculation being done just to log IDC instead of IPW.

IDC = IPW * (RPM / 120)

I was going to post a description but here's a link instead... http://www.romraider.com/RomRaider/U...ectorDutyCycle
    Last edited by tbrtuning; 06-20-2016 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    IDC is just a calculation based on IPW. Probably faster to just log IPW and then do the calculation than to have the calculation being done just to log IDC instead of IPW.

IDC = IPW * (RPM / 120)

I was going to post a description but here's a link instead... http://www.romraider.com/RomRaider/U...ectorDutyCycle
    I understand it's a calculation but in bbrooks charts his InjDC % math is working mine is not. So it s working for him but for some reason not for me

Senior Tuner
    Is your IPW logging properly? If it is and the predefined math isn't working you'll have to define your own using the correct PID you're logging. I tried to log IPW on a 2011 I was experimenting with flex fuel on and after updating VCM to 3.2 and repolling for parameters I still didn't have IPW available.

Advanced Tuner
    I sat HPT 3.2 just came out, does it have the IPW logging?

Also while I was out login e36 the cat went into COT and maintained a .80 to redline on a pull, so looks like stock injectors should be able to keep up on e 47 with COT disabled at fist of course.

side note, I upgdraded to v3.2 and still no IPW under channels
    Last edited by Jn2; 06-23-2016 at 04:32 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I didn't find the "switch" you're all talking about when I downloaded Grand Marquis 2010 tune file which I found from the repository. I might be in need of studying '07 Grand Marquis tune because models in states are sold as flex fuel cars but export versions are not. Perhaps you can help me?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapi View Post
    I didn't find the "switch" you're all talking about when I downloaded Grand Marquis 2010 tune file which I found from the repository. I might be in need of studying '07 Grand Marquis tune because models in states are sold as flex fuel cars but export versions are not. Perhaps you can help me?
    This thread was for Copperhead ECM's in the Coyotes. They have the Flex fuel switch, other vehicles may not...You may want to email support and find out.

I'm in for guide

Tuner
    How can i get this table added to my tune it doesnt come up

Advanced Tuner
    I just reached out to support to see if they could add IPW support for me, you may need to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by wbt View Post
    I don't subscribe to that idea with these cars. They like more timing and more fuel as I have experi9
    enced tuning 93, e85 and MS109.
    I agree. I've seen E85 detonate due to being lean. Adding fuel lowers temps and allows often more timingvand susequent power.

Tuner in Training
    Any info on how the spark is derived? ie what the Flex fuel (Blending vs Ethanol%) is actually blending?
    LSX AM 444
    Runner up in points 2011
    3rd in points 2012
    8.14@166 all motor
    Driver/ Tuner car 414 Texas mile 263.2mph