Thread: Auto to manual Conversion

Potential Tuner

Auto to manual Conversion

Hi Guys, Sorry for this basic question, but I have a customer that is doing a manual conversion in his 04 vy Clubsport. He was getting an ecu with the conversion kit from a wreaker but I feel he would have less dramas by keeping his OE one especially as his is MAFless tuned also.
    Am I able to reconfigure the ecu to run without the transmission?
    My plan was to go go through the programme, remove and add as required using a compatible clubby manual file as a reference. Is it that easy?
    Thanks

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    Going to a manual, yes. Just use the "donor" table data from a manual tune & delete the associated DTC's.

With the new Editor 3.0, you can just do a segment swap. I do this all the time. Find another file in the file repository of a club sport that already has a manual, download that file, use the tool under compare that says segement swapper. As long as the OS's match, you can easily swap the Trans and Trans diagnostic segments. Unless the club sport never came with a manual, in which case, Dr. Nopps is right, just shut off all the Auto DTC's.
    Custom '85 Crew Cab Short Bed Lq4 swap
    '06 Turbo Vortec Maxx
    '87 Military K3500 LQ4 swap
    '96 K1500 lq4 swap, Howard Cam (216/224 @ .050, .551/.551, 114), Centerforce Dual Friction