Thread: PCV setups.... how do you have yours and why?

Tuner

PCV setups.... how do you have yours and why?

So it seems there is a few ways of running the pcv setup. TSP had said to leave my 408ci stroker vented and the valley cover port connected to the bottom of the throttle body for break in purposes as it is supposed to help break in the rings. With it like this the valve cover ports were capped off.

I know have the passenger side valve cover going to the top throttle body port and the valley cover port to the oil catch can and then out of the oil catch can to the bottom of the throttle body. (closed system)

Is there a better way to run this type of PCV system or does it not matter? Pros and cons anyone?
    Torque_Vector
    408ci stroker LS3 1998 BMW 323is - 490RWHP 466RWT in 100 degree weather
    260cc CNC Ported PRC heads, 11.25:1 Compression, 4" stroke, 242/250 .615/.615", Nick Williams 92mm TB, LS3 intake/fuel rails, FAST 39# INJ, 3" x-pipe dual exhaust

Additions: ID1300 INJ, Flex Fuel Sensor, Aeromotive 5GPM variable speed Fuel Pump...

eliminated mine and have the valve covers breathing into a Open filter Moroso catch can, I didn't want to have to clean my intake manifold all the time, from excess oil!
    09 Pontiac G8GT LSA conversion & cammed (HP Tuned)
    07 Trailblazer SS Cammed & Nitrous Fed (HP Tuned)