Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Scanner 3.2.9+ Serial Wideband Feedback

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFlyinSkwirl View Post
    keeping an eye on this thread as I have an LC2 and would like serial input functionality.
    As am I, debating on how I am going to hook it up, serial or 5v. Hope serial is working soon.

Tuner in Training
    I have an AEM 30-4900. This is the "failsafe" wideband with the usb output. Is this device even supported/ possible to use as a serial input? Right now I'm trying to re-purpose the usb port on my windows 7 laptop to a com1 port, but I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do or if it will even work. No luck so far in getting the scanner to recognize the wideband.

I have an open ticket with support to fix the serial issue with the aem 30-0300.

If you guys are waiting for someone else to test these to see if it will work for you, you're not doing yoruself any favors. It works for some, and not for others. I can only help those that test it without success and open up support tickets.

Please download the 3.1.310 (or newer) VCM Suite BETA.

In this beta I've added support for the older Innovate Serial Protocol.

The parameters you should be logging during testing are:
    Innovate SP - Status
    Innovate SP - Stoich AFR
    Innovate SP - Lambda
    Innovate SP - AFR

If you continue to have issues, you'll need to submit your debug.dat and log file to support so we can look into it further.

If it is working for you, please post the Status while it works. It might say something like Normal (0) or Normal (1).

If it is not working for you, please describe the values you're seeing, as well as the full status Normal (0), Normal (1), etc.. whatever it says.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Thanks Keith, will do when I get to the car this afternoon...I have the LM-1 with the tubes :-)

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Just updated the beta again with a new fix: 3.1.313

Please report.

Advanced Tuner

Innovate MTX-L

Since my new Innovate MTX-L has never logged successfully yet in HP, here's a file of it not doing that. Who do I send it to?
    FYI, although its a long log, at several points the MTX starts showing AFR, briefly, e.g. 6:26 or so. The actual gauge is always ok...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

You're likely not using the latest beta.

Tuner in Training
    Does support respond to beta requests on the weekends? I just tried using an LC-2 with the latest version of 3.0 and didn't have much luck.. LogWork output looks great though.

Tuner in Training
    how do you get the new beta? I'm running 3.0.102 and when I start the scanner all 4 parameters disappear. I have an LM-1 and can send info. It does read correctlly in logworks.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by CCrunner84 View Post
    Does support respond to beta requests on the weekends? I just tried using an LC-2 with the latest version of 3.0 and didn't have much luck.. LogWork output looks great though.
    Latest beta is on the customer page, just to update this once I was able to get 3.1 my issue has been resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    If you guys are waiting for someone else to test these to see if it will work for you, you're not doing yoruself any favors. It works for some, and not for others. I can only help those that test it without success and open up support tickets.

Please download the 3.1.310 (or newer) VCM Suite BETA.

In this beta I've added support for the older Innovate Serial Protocol.

The parameters you should be logging during testing are:
    Innovate SP - Status
    Innovate SP - Stoich AFR
    Innovate SP - Lambda
    Innovate SP - AFR

If you continue to have issues, you'll need to submit your debug.dat and log file to support so we can look into it further.

If it is working for you, please post the Status while it works. It might say something like Normal (0) or Normal (1).

If it is not working for you, please describe the values you're seeing, as well as the full status Normal (0), Normal (1), etc.. whatever it says.
    VCM Scanner version # 317
    Innovate LM-1: Doesn't work

WB does report some info like when it was warming up, at one point the status said "warmping up" (i didn't mispell that, thats what it said) and erratically displays some lambda values (see log) which at times match the Channel/Gauge display. But then when I started the car, the WB went back to warmup, but never displayed that in the Status....

Data sent to support as well....Also, have you had a chance to look at what may have happened to my laptop and surface pro 3 not being able to open up channel or paraleter selector tables and locking up.

Thx

Ed M

Ed M
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Ed, looks like this is more progress than before. If I recall, before you didn't get any data.

You'll need to open a support ticket for both issues.

It's odd that it doesn't work for you, but is now working for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Ed, looks like this is more progress than before. If I recall, before you didn't get any data.

You'll need to open a support ticket for both issues.

It's odd that it doesn't work for you, but is now working for others.
    Yes there was a lot of progress just not fluid in the scanning...herky jerky. I did open a ticket on the Channel/Parameter issue (#36318 last week) and this one tonight (#36539). On my Lenovo I actually had to delete all parts of the software (not sure which fixed it) as far as the C:HP Tuners, Documents HP Tuners including VCM Settings etc and then download the .msi loader and re-install. I haven't tried it on the surface yet because it contains all my clients Offline vehicle data I work from.

One last item is in the Moderator section pertaining to the millisecond timing values in the .avg and slope filters. If you could take a look at that and let me know if I have it right....

Thanks,

Ed M

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    just wanted to post and say i had success today. with todays beta and the mtxl. on first connect the data fields were empty but once i hit stop and record again the data seems to match the gauge from as far as i can tell. i busted the front of my gauge so i cant see the hundred thou digit, but the first and last match. i will have to dig in dash and swap the lm-2 and mtx-l usb cables to try that one. is there any possibility now that i could get two serial imputs working at same time

Tuner
    Keith-

I'm scanning and LS6 in an '04 Vette with 3.0.107 using an actual serial port on a ToughBook running Win 7. I have an Innovate Motorsports LC-2 WBO2S connected to the ToughBook. When I try and use "Innovate SP2 - AFR" or "Innovate SP2 - lambda" I get data I do not understand, a display which looks like this: "503.00" and says around 500 most of the time.

What should I do?
    Last edited by Hib Halverson; 05-14-2016 at 02:57 PM.
    Hib Halverson
    Just Another Tuner in Training.

Advanced Tuner
    Just to say that using the 3.1.328 beta I had success with my Innovate MTX-L and usb serial now, it reads and behaves "as expected", which is a big help...

kr D.
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dermotw View Post
    Just to say that using the 3.1.328 beta I had success with my Innovate MTX-L and usb serial now, it reads and behaves "as expected", which is a big help...
    kr D.
    How does one get a copy of "3.1.328 beta"?
    Hib Halverson
    Just Another Tuner in Training.

Email support and request access to the beta builds

How about support for the ECM AFM1500?

Ill see if I can dig up the communication protocols.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400