Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Replacing the ECM, what's involved?

Yes hereO2 tables.jpg
    Last edited by Sébast19X; 05-21-2016 at 07:44 PM.
    '08 Black Z06
    PCM Tuned, LG super RAM, AR Headers, Hoosier DR2 295-55-15, MSD Atomic air force intake, Iceman 7.0 cam

Best N/A E.T. : 8.836
    Best N/A Mp/h : 159.75
    DA for this pass: 0'

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Seb!

Those are the tables I am most interested in.
    When arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_D View Post
    Thanks Seb!

Those are the tables I am most interested in.
    I have played with them today ...very interesting feature for the long tubes !!!
    '08 Black Z06
    PCM Tuned, LG super RAM, AR Headers, Hoosier DR2 295-55-15, MSD Atomic air force intake, Iceman 7.0 cam

Well done, Seb!

I don't know how many of us it would require to file a request for the HPT crew to dig these tables from the 06-08 E38 ecms...

The best effect I've been able to achieve with existing tables is to lower the CL proportional as follows:

Also Airflow mode has been lowered a bit:

With these changes I've made the step like change (seen in STFT's) smaller giving more role to integrator and making pulse width fluctuations smoother:

Advanced Tuner
    I'll have to give those setting a try.....

Waiting to hear how Seb's experiments go before swapping out ECM's. I do not have a Tech2, and don't really want to buy one either. So I'll need to buy one ready to plug in. I think I'd rather have my car's vin on the new ecm as well.

Hi, last update. I have now swapped the 2010 VIN number for my 2008 VIN number. Do a VATS relink. All things work 100%. No ABS light, so EBCM seem to work perfect, traction control button work perfect. All in all, no trouble anywhere in the process. I have now a new generation E38 ECM with my 2008 VIN number and all is perfect.

Closed loop integrator delay really work great with headers, now my O2 swing stay around +-4% from 2100Hz to 6000Hz in closed loop and wideband swing stay between 14.5 to 14.8. MAF only tune.

For barum: I have found the best by almost zeroed out the O2 proportional

Best regards,

Seb
    '08 Black Z06

Put the car in competitive mode and see if launch control works.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuning Addict
    Hate to be the idiot here, but does anyone know "exactly" how to alter the airflow mode table or what exactly it is relating to - and not just how it relates to MAF flow? I have only been altering this (shifting it to the left) for when a blower or turbo is added just to try and keep the "general" airflow in the correct area...

BUT if it can be used to improve drive-ability, then I would like to better understand it

Thank You
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Mine doesn't. I purchased a 2010 EBCM (programmed the same VIN w/SPS) to install and try it, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Launch control doesn't interest me .... It's probably a EBCM feature like you should already know... I have an MSD 2 step anyway .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a5MZf5WiWE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXWWiN7Y2Vc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DNc_GCQBF0
    '08 Black Z06

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sébast19X View Post
    Hi, last update. I have now swapped the 2010 VIN number for my 2008 VIN number. Do a VATS relink. All things work 100%. No ABS light, so EBCM seem to work perfect, traction control button work perfect. All in all, no trouble anywhere in the process. I have now a new generation E38 ECM with my 2008 VIN number and all is perfect.

Closed loop integrator delay really work great with headers, now my O2 swing stay around +-4% from 2100Hz to 6000Hz in closed loop and wideband swing stay between 14.5 to 14.8. MAF only tune.

Best regards,

Seb
    Excellent! Now do mine.

Seriously, somene sell me one - ready to go. Or at least to the point I can flash my current tune file to it and it'll work.

Do you not have access to a MDI? I can get one and set it up as well as force your VIN. You'll obviously have to license it again.

Advanced Tuner
    Seeing how I don't even know what an "MDI" is, I'd have to say no. Would I need one? Another two credits and the cost for the new ECM is a drop in the bucket in comparison to all the other shit I've done to this engine trying to improve lower rpm drivability. It's become an obsession. The added O2 tables is about the last thing I can try.

Tuning Addict
    MDI is the same device a dealer uses to flash your vehicle modules.

Dave would Michael having access to a dealership be good enough?

Michael, do you have access or a dealership close by?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

They'd need a harness to flash it unless it was physically plugged into the car.

Advanced Tuner
    Closest dealer is 260 miles away.

Michael_D, does running in OL show clearly improved manners?

If not, it's unlikely you will see more improvement with 2010 ecm. Your cam has 19 deg overlap (mine has 18) so reversion will be there at low MAP readings & revs.
    I've seriously considered going to stg2 cam with only 8 deg overlap after some standing mile "exercises".

Yes, cost of new ecm + credits is negligible but imagine the "parallel universe" in which you wouldn't have spend any time or money since HPT had already added these variables to their sw right from the first request by Seb.
    Last edited by barum; 05-29-2016 at 07:59 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, there is an improvement when it is in OL. But what's more interesting, is the engine liked the O2/Air Flow Mode settings you posted earlier. I was hesitant to say anything, thinking it was all in my head, but the 1600-2000 rpm range is better. That leads me to think that if I had that damn integrator delay, there would be another improvement. It would also be nice to not have to scale for my injectors with the increased IFR.

So it sounds like I need to find a Tech2, and just get the ECM from Dave, with my VIN already forced to it....

You don't need a Tech 2 if I'm supplying an ECM.

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Sébast19X View Post

Best regards,

Seb
    Curious Seb, what did you wind up multiplying your integrator and proportional tables by and what brand and size of headers do you have?

Thanks,
    Greg

~Greg Huggins~