Thread: Commanded vs actual (Always LEAN in CL)

Tuner in Training

Commanded vs actual (Always LEAN in CL)

OK so Im having a hell of a time trying to get CL to run at Stoich, I have commanded set at 14.63 AFR and even when its at a 1.0 modifier it wants to run at 16.0-17.0 at Closed loop, no matter what I do to the program it wants to run super lean.

I just replaced both front 02 sensors I have the rear deleted (LS1 in a Tacoma swap) No CEL everything seems happy.

When I run it in SD tuning mode for data logging I can get the AFRs richer, but once I put it all back to standard operation it goes super lean again.

I have tried adding a lot of fuel to the PE table and can make it plenty rich when in OL, but once it goes CL it goes waaay to lean for comfort.

Shouldn't the actual AFR (verified via Wideband) be stoich when in CL when it says its at a 1.0 ratio?

Im going to do some more testing, but I even loaded a stock tune and it still stays lean in CL operation. I cant for the life of me get it to run stoich!!

Are there any obvious things that I may have overlooked to cause this? If not I will have to save a file to post up, but I would have ASSumed it would want to run close to stoich at least?

My setup:
    2001 LS1/T56, 243 ported heads, baby cam (slightly larger than an LS6 cam) stock bottom end. Custom 3" intake and custom headers 1-5/8 primaries into dual 2.5" tailpipes.
    Before the Heads and cam it was bone stock and ran in the low 15s AFR when cruising, still too lean, but now its so lean its got to be fixed. Planning on going turbo but not until I get this figured out.

Yeah I know post a log....just throwing this out there for now in case there is an answer that makes me smack my head and have a DUH moment...

HAve you retuned the MAF for the custom intake??

What are the fuel trims like?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    HAve you retuned the MAF for the custom intake??

What are the fuel trims like?
    I havent adjusted the MAF but I am thinking it has more of a bearing than I thought it did on the final AFR.
    My fuel trims are both pulling fuel, I tried changing the commanded AFR to 11.5 just to see what would happen and it still ran at over 16 AFR with a fuel trim in between -11 and -14%.
    I almost want to make sure my wideband is reading properly but at WOT it ends up at around 12.6-13.0 and feels pretty good, I would like to add a tad more fuel and some timing but I think I need to go back to the Basic tuning method again by doing the SD tune and then tune the MAF.
    I tried getting the SD tune close and it just kept going lean so I kept aborting my tuning thinking I was going in circles and getting frustrated.

I am used to straight SD tuning as I have had other vehicles that I tuned from scratch using a Haltech or Motech systems with large turbos. I apparently need more practice with systems using MAP and MAP together.