Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *Quick Start Guide* NEW!

Does his book help the diesel guys out also or more related to the gas motors?
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.
    33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel,Tekonsha Voyager Brake Controller

Banks Sixgun with HPTUNERS.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator
    Like Bill said, you will have a tough time finding something that tells you how to calibrate your exact combination of parts on your exact car/ECM. However, if you're looking for general strategy help as to why you should be changing one function versus another, or what general order to approach things: I shamelessly suggest this book. You'll find some good fundamentals in there along with a chapter on GM specific tuning and examples with HPTuners software.
    I registered on this forum for the, immediate, sole purpose of thanking you for publishing this book. I just ordered it. I'm an ex racing wrench and I'm not tech stupid, but I am very ignorant when it comes to the nuances of current computer based automotive tuning. I've also been looking for a place to start to "fix" my '08 Avalance. One that's compatible with the limited amount of time I have available to dedicate to basic research and can point me in the right direction(s). Hopefully I've found what I need.

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi
    I registered on this forum for the, immediate, sole purpose of thanking you for publishing this book.
    No problem. Guys like you are exactly the reason I wrote it. I hope you enjoy it and find it to be a useful reference for many future projects. You'll find that the more you get into tuning, the more you realize the learning is never done. Thanks for the purchase and good luck with the Avalanche.

Potential Tuner
    When might be your next class...I am out of the country for several more months...but would like to plan my time home wisely.
    2002 Arctic White, A4 Camaro SS currently undergoing surgery...so far lasting since Oct. 6, 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmurse
    When might be your next class...
    I know I've already spoken with you via PM, but for everyone else: I keep an updated list of class dates on my website. (see sig!)

Tuner
    Links appear to have moved and do not work. Struggling to get the default histrograms to work. Only #1 and #2 work. I used the default imperial config and in the Charts it shows my LTFT and STFT but the histrograms #3 and #4 do not work. This is my second day with the product and I am sure I am missing something.
    07 Avalanche Exhaust & CAI

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah sorry, godaddy.com seems to have removed my content informing me that even though I paid for the web space & bandwidth that I cannot use it in the manner that I am ie repository style.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    How can they do that if you paid for the bandwidth and storage space? Not very good business practice if you ask me. Let us know when you get something new up and running.
    2002 Arctic White, A4 Camaro SS currently undergoing surgery...so far lasting since Oct. 6, 2007.

Tuner
    Good read for beginners...

Tuner in Training
    I must be missing something. I can't even get this thing to bring anything up on the screen. How do you get this started? How does it work?
    Mike

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Install the software, install the drivers, open the vcm editor or vcm scanner, nothing thats overly complex really.

Potential Tuner
    Could we possibly get an updated link for the files? The link in the OP just takes me to godaddy.com. Noob here.
    06 GTO M6

Nope, nothing on my end either. Can somebody fix this??
    -------------------------------------
    01 SS Red A4 #4987

Both links don't work
    2002 Camaro SS
    2013 Jeep JK 2 Door

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah its a long convoluted story.

Basically I decided a while back that I wasn't going to pay the storage fees for the stuff I've been hosting anymore through godaddy and decided it was far cheaper to just use my personal verizon space to host them or just host them through HPTuners. Well in the meantime I transferred over all the info from thetuningdoctor over to my verizon space but between then and now apparently verizon got rid of allowing you to use an FTP to transfer info sooooooooo....this makes it a complete pita to transfer info back from there to the hptuners servers.

Eventually I'll get around to it but I'm busy enough as it is with stuff around here. I'll try to put these at the top of the to do list though.

Potential Tuner
    Can you email the guides?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Fixed!

Potential Tuner streetrodmuscle's Avatar
    I'm trying to calibrate the speedo. Tire size, is that tire diameter in inches or mm?

Tuner in Training
    First off thanks Bill. This information is a great tool.

But is there any plans to update to the new 3.0 style setups? I was just starting to figure out how to actually use the 2. software and now everything seems so different.

Thanks in advance.