Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FG 5 speed pcm pats?

Advanced Tuner

FG 5 speed pcm pats?

we've tried to flash a few fg 5 speed pcm for conversion and no matter what we try, even with other strategies flashed on top, the cars never want to run. they will work in an actual FG, but not in a conversion.
    some people have said its a pats issue, but can't say thats it.
    can anyone help in this area?fg andrew 5spd.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Is that the stock file or 1 you tried changing pats for conversion?

Either way need a before & after to see what you've changed!

Advanced Tuner
    its a standard tune. i know how to turn pats off, they're usually swapped from factory.
    the car starts and turns off 1-2 seconds later. every other tune and every other pcm i've flashed has been fine. 5spd fg pcm are the only ones that have an issue regardless of whats done in the tune.

Advanced Tuner
    AFAIK if your using any Ford controller without the linking controllers & key you have to reverse the PATs otherwise it will cut fuel/spark after the 1 to 2 second period.

Advanced Tuner
    yes, i know, as i said, i've flashed many many pcm and turned pats off and never had an issue. im asking why only the 5spd fg pcm have this issue.

Advanced Tuner
    Are you logging spark and fuel source when it shuts down to confirm it is actually a pats issue and not an issue with the chassis wiring? (i've been caught by this before)
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Advanced Tuner
    a wiring issue like what?it starts and runs an fg xr6t zf6 pcm as well as a normal fg zf6 pcm, bf pcm and ba pcm.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm not sure I'm following 100% all the other controllers are wroking without having the linked key's & controllers (just ecm by itself will run & drive fine) without having to do PATs reversal?

Advanced Tuner
    i never said that.
    i said the 5spd pcm dont run even when having pats disabled in the same manner as all other pcm. again, i know how to disable pats, i've done it dozens of times.

Advanced Tuner
    Don't know why your replying with so much attitude to me but whatever... good luck!

Advanced Tuner
    lol please dont take what i'm saying as having attitude, im only replying to the posts, i'm not saying any of this with any disdain. i appreciate the responses, im trying to be clear but its a bit hard to put in words i guess.

Advanced Tuner
    You come across as quite angry. It has made me hesitant to respond in the past as Im too old to argue on the internet. I've looked at several tuned and stock NA FG files and the only difference I can see between yours and them is they all have Fuel Test "Enabled" and your file has it "Disabled" Im not saying this is the issue, just the only difference I can see.

fuel test.jpg
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Advanced Tuner
    its not something we can access in the tune apparently...
    ive been told only bpr can fix them, but ive been told that about a lot of shit that isn't true. as i said, when using a strategy that works fine on a zf6 or manual pcm, it still doesnt work on a 5spd pcm, so im asking if anyone else has had this issue or has mor info on it.
    not sure how i can come across angry when im just being straight to the point, but please don't take what i say in that manner.

Advanced Tuner
    I still don't understand you can use every other PCM in a conversion & they run fine without having to change/disable PATS?

Advanced Tuner
    nono, i still have to change pats in the way all pcm have pats disabled (opposite to factory), but even after thats been done the 5spd pcm act like it hasn't been disabled - the car starts then is shut down after 1.5-2sec. apparently bpr tell people that there's a hidden pats menu for these pcm or something, but i don't buy that.
    was really hoping someone would be able to say it was something simple like a wiring difference specific to these pcm that i might have overlooked lol. im surprised it hasn't been mentioned before tbh! i'll try get a log tomorrow.

Advanced Tuner
    Oh cool, ok now that makes more sense to me as you mentioned in the 3rd post it was a stock file you were using so I just wasn't sure that was possible.

Yeah a log would be good with as many things added as possible to see what's shutting down & I might try & compare some similar files around the PATS area.

So the file you posted above is the completely stock file but the 1 you tried in the vehicle has both PATS reversed?

Advanced Tuner
    I may have found the issue with coding of software, does anyone know what PATS controls what?

I'm guessing something along the lines of PATS switch is for spark & possibly PATS alternate is for fuel?

Advanced Tuner
    yeah the tune i posted is 100% stock and untouched.

Advanced Tuner
    I really need to see a couple of more HACDxx o.s. calibrations to confirm, but I'm pretty confident I have a fixed file for you to test!

Advanced Tuner
    sweet! would be mint as fuck if you could narrow this issue down. been really hard to get any info at all on it.
    i appreciate you having a look into it and i apologise for coming across as though im angry, tends to happen a bit lol. i make it pretty clear when i'm pissed off, all other times i'm pretty sweet...