Thread: VATS delete (how to do it?)

Potential Tuner

VATS delete (how to do it?)

Hi friends,

First of all,I'm from Switzerland,that's why my English is not perfect.
    Hope you understand anyway what I mean when I try to explain my problem.

I'm realy a novice to the HP Tuner.
    What I need to do on a 2000 Chevy Blazer VIN:1GNDT13W5YK119944 is to delete the VATS.

I was trying it to do this way:

clicked "Vehicle Controls and Special Functions"
    then clicked "Special Functions"

but then it's only showing "Crank Relearn" nothing like "Security" or "VATS"

Did I miss something,or is it maybe because that Chevy Blazer is an Export Model CT1 COUNTRY,BELGIUM(EXPORT) BELGIUM(CT1)

Before I ordered the HP Tuner I asked the people by email with the VIN included if I can delete the VATS on this particular vehicle,they wrote me back "YES"

Your help would be very appreciated.

Edit->System->General, under Security set VATS Control to "none".

Attached Images Attached Images

His blazer computer might not be setup like that, it might be like serial/PXX setup along with 1-3 DTC's that you can disable.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Sounds like he was trying to do it with the scanner, and not the editor..
    2001 Jimmy ,L31 with marine intake,CPC conversion,Nv3500 5 speed,SAS,Dana 44's front and rear,4.30 gears..

Potential Tuner
    Thanks a lot for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by bronc3buster842001 View Post
    Sounds like he was trying to do it with the scanner, and not the editor..
    Stupid question: How do I open the editor?

When I start the program on my laptop the screen doesn't look like the one mercrising posted.
    It doesn't have the line with "File Edit Compare Flash"

Can you take a screen shot and post it?

On your desktop click 'All Programs', search for your HP Tuners Folder, Open it and you should see two separate executables, VCM Editor (with a wrench icon) and VCM Scanner (with a lightning bolt icon). Click on VCM Editor.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 15PSI View Post
    On your desktop click 'All Programs', search for your HP Tuners Folder, Open it and you should see two separate executables, VCM Editor (with a wrench icon) and VCM Scanner (with a lightning bolt icon). Click on VCM Editor.
    Okay,I found the wrench icon and can open it.
    But when I move the mouse to "Edit" or "Compare" they don't show response as the others like "File" or "Tools".

Maybe my VCM Editor is still in Demo Mode? But the VCM Scanner works. Do I have to download something to bring the VCM Editor to work?

Quote Originally Posted by wichtermann View Post
    Okay,I found the wrench icon and can open it.
    But when I move the mouse to "Edit" or "Compare" they don't show response as the others like "File" or "Tools".

Maybe my VCM Editor is still in Demo Mode? But the VCM Scanner works. Do I have to download something to bring the VCM Editor to work?
    You need to do one of two things:

1)Click File>Open....then open the tune file you have saved on your computer. If you dont have the file from your Blazers ECM saved on your computer, see option 2 below.

2)Click the "Read Vehicle" icon pictured below with the arrow drawn under it. Clicking on this icon will open a window that will allow you to read the vehicles tune file and save it to your computer for editing. Once you edit the file by going through the steps mentioned above, you will click the "Write Vehicle" icon to saved the edited tune to the vehicles ECM.

editor.JPG

Potential Tuner
    @ Wacker @ all

Thanks a lot I made it!!!

VATS disabled Now the Blazer starts everytime.