Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ver 3.0 Bug and POOR CUST SERVICE

Advanced Tuner
    I think the difference is that the same thing worked in 2.24, but not in 3.0. So it's a different "issue" that the issue you are talking about with newer cars. Re-read the first few posts for details.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Not looking to get in the middle of anything here... Just stating that up front... BUT I don't see a tune posted here? Just wondering because most newer vehicles will set dtc's even if they're set to no error... USUALLY you have to set several corresponding dtc's to no error to get them off... Just how the newer vehicles work.
    I took the Tune off because HPT has seen it and I don't care about sharing my tune with everyone. It seems that this forum is more about mocking the customer who reveals a problem than dealing with the subject in a professional/knowledgeable manner. The facts are in in the VCM Suite logs. The DTCs have been turned off for years and now they show up and will not clear with ver. 3. But it is not a BUG as the experts have chimed in; it is just perfection with the product.

Tuner
    I think HPT engineers is right, it's not a HPT v3.0 bug.
    May be those DTCs was set and already went to permanent storage before they were disabled with the tune. Now you can't do anything because they are disabled.
    I think there must be some workaround to clear such codes, i.e. enable them back and use simple ~16W bulb as a heater electrical replacenent. When test will be passed disable those codes one more time.
    Or may be complete reflash using TIS2Web will clear permanent storage.

The issue here is the 3.0 scanner polls for DTC's in a few more extra ways than the 2.24 scanner did and unfortunately it looks like this particular ECM isn't reporting the info correctly as per the SAE standard. Most likely our solution will be to disable these extra methods for this ECM type so you see exactly what you saw with 2.24. Either way there's nothing to be changed in the tune.
    I count sheep in hex...