Thread: Announcement: 97/98 2bar SD is now available

Arrow Announcement: 97/98 2bar SD is now available

HP Tuners is pleased to announce open beta for the 2 bar Speed Density enhancement for 97/98 LS1 vehicles. This enhancement is a must for any serious race or street driven forced induction setup providing the proven features of HP Tuners 2bar enhancement for the 99+ LS1 to the 97/98 crowd.

Features include:
    - 5 kpa resolution VE table (15-210 kpa)
    - boost enrichment table and thresholds
    - delete secondary VE
    - re-enable dual spark table knock learn (high and low octane)
    - disable trans full line pressure for SD
    - disable P1514
    - Speed Density (SD) ONLY!!

Pricing (MPVI customers)
    2bar Single Vehicle - 2 credits
    All GenIII V8 Cars and Trucks (1bar, 2bar and 3bar) - 20 credits

Note: Customers that have existing All GenIII V8 Cars and Trucks (1bar, 2bar and 3bar) support will receive this upgrade for FREE. Also note that upgrade credits for 97/98 single vehicle enhancements also count towards the All GenIII V8 Cars and Trucks (1bar, 2bar and 3bar) package in the same way that 99+ does.

Pricing (Serial Interface customers)
    Exsting serial interface pricing applies. Please email [email protected] for information.

Obtaining BETA software
    Email [email protected] for beta software download instructions. You must include your serial # in your e-mail.

Note: files can only be converted to 2bar that have been read in .hpt format using VCM Suite 2.1 or later.

General software release
    This feature will also be part of our next generally available software release VCM Suite 2.1.10.

- the HP Tuners Team
    Last edited by Keith@HPTuners; 04-24-2006 at 08:46 PM.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Part 1
    ok...im having a hard time understanding the email for SD for 1998 cars.

I have a serial cable.

1. send cable to HP Tuners for 1998 SD enhancement
    2. send payment of 199+10 ship to HP Tuners
    3. email HP Tuners my serial number and my current .bin file
    4. get cable/converted .bin from HP Tuners
    5. install new software and go

correct?

Part 2
    also...if i want to upgrade my cable to MPVI its just $10 for shipping? I dont see a price in this post

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2925

Part 3
    if i have th MPVI interface can I add the ability to use the cable to read what my wideband is seeing.

Do i have to send the cable back or can this be purchased online thru the license interface?

thanks

1) If you have a serial interface you send us the .hpt file and pay for the upgrade via paypal. We then put new software on your customer login page. Please e-mail us at [email protected] for the formal upgrade instructions.

2) Please e-mail us at [email protected] for the formal MPVI upgrade instructions.

3) This requires the MPVI Pro interface. You can upgrade at any time to the MPVI Pro interface.

You only have to send your interface back if you are upgrading your interface hardware. License additions never require you to send back the hardware.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    OK, I got it downloaded and was fishing around on it. I noticed that all of the VE cells went to like 444 or something. I copied my old Primary VE Table over it and just extended the 105 values down to the bottom of the table as I have an NA application.

I also noticed that in the Engine Diag section, there is now a MAP Sensor Linear Calibration value of 200. Should I bring this down to 100 or 105, or should I leave it alone as I am using the stock MAP Sensor for my NA application?
    98 Z28 370 LQ9 w/ TH350, FTI 4800 Stall, OLSD, NW90 TB, 80# Motron Inj, AFR 225's, 231/231 .624/.624 114, Mamofied FAST 90 Intake, PT88 Front Mount w/ 4" DP dumped before the Strange S60 w/ a 3.73 gear

as per my previous post on this topic:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...?t=5599&page=2
    I count sheep in hex...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    also as per the help file http://www.hptuners.com/help/demos/2%20bar%20sd.swf this demo should help get you started at least partly.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Now I have an excuse to get a supercharger!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOO!!!!

Tuner in Training
    Can this option be used to run a natrual aspriated Speed density tune ? Sorry for the newbie quesitons. I plan on going Forced induction in the later future. Also were can i download the upgrade?
    Last edited by [email protected]; 05-11-2006 at 12:57 AM.

If you have a new MPVI (USB) interface then please email sales@ for the link to 2.1.10 if you don;t have it already.

You can check what version you have by going to Help -> About
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    why cant you guys leave out the boost stuff and sell a 1bar sd enhanced? is there anything else that is different?
    98 Camaro, M6, HPTuners, heads and cam

Quote Originally Posted by bmfcamaro
    why cant you guys leave out the boost stuff and sell a 1bar sd enhanced? is there anything else that is different?
    yeah 1bar SD includes the TPS modifier table. we don't have 1bar SD for the 98's on our roadmap at this time.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    also as per the help file http://www.hptuners.com/help/demos/2%20bar%20sd.swf this demo should help get you started at least partly.

I just got my cable from ups today

I have a 98' T/A with a STS turbo and i have a 2 bar map in it.

Do i follow this demo? even though its a 98'?

It says SD only for 98 w/ 2bar, but i followed this and it was working fine. its this right?

thanks
    Last edited by WicketMike; 05-27-2006 at 09:51 PM.