Thread: Just purchased a new HPT-Pro but already installed from previously

Tuner in Training

Just purchased a new HPT-Pro but already installed from previously

Hello. I have HPT-Pro currently installed from a couple years ago when I was working on and tuning one of my vehicles. I since sold my MPVI interface/application key/serial number/etc. as the vehicle was lost to a wreck.

I bought HPT-Pro again (brand new) this week. When I go to install it:

1) The USB driver included does not included a "setup.exe" file anywhere in it's contents that I can find to try and re-install the software.

2) Since I still do have the software installed from a few years ago including all my stored tunes, scans, etc. Is there a way that I can simply plug in the MPVI interface and install the necessary drivers?

3) With my new application key and serial number, can I go into the "License Info section" of my VCM Editor and click "update application key" and then enter in the new info?

4) Would it be best to un-install everything and start over?

Open to any advice/help here. Thank you!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    1) The USB driver included does not included a "setup.exe" file anywhere in it's contents that I can find to try and re-install the software.

Correct, this is by design http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5228

2) Since I still do have the software installed from a few years ago including all my stored tunes, scans, etc. Is there a way that I can simply plug in the MPVI interface and install the necessary drivers?

Yes http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5228

3) With my new application key and serial number, can I go into the "License Info section" of my VCM Editor and click "update application key" and then enter in the new info?

Yes

4) Would it be best to un-install everything and start over?

Yes its always best to use the most up to date software 3.0 in this case first.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Got everything fixed. Thanks for the feedback Bill. Good to be back in the tuning game!