Thread: TH400 swap issues

TH400 swap issues

Helping a friend out with his car. It is a 88 camaro with a stock 2000 5.3 swapped in. Its originally tuned for a 4L60e. He put a TH400 in it and it runs rough. So from everything we have seen, the tune needs to be modified to think it is a manual and delete the codes associated with the auto trans. So I took a 2000 camaro Z28 M6 tune and swapped everything in the manual section of the trans and trans diag over. I selected the manual selection instead of 4L60e. Then I compared the two files for the codes and changed all the trans codes to the same as the camaro has them set to. Now when we start it, it will not rev past 1500 rpm. If I swap the old tune it, it will rev past 1500. So I know it is tune related. What am I missing here? This is my first time having to deal with a TH400 swap. Ill post the tune later once I get on with that computer. Does someone have a write up I could follow? Am I just a idiot and need to use the segment swapper instead of copy and paste the values? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Mods89; 04-08-2016 at 09:54 AM.
    00 Trans Am: Forged Iron Block 370ci, LS3 heads and intake, LS3 Polluter cam, LS7 lifters, FAST 92mm Throttle Body, Long Tubes with Off Road Y, Magnamouth Cat Back, SLP Lid, Viking Front Coil Overs, Rear 3 Way Drag Shocks

Advanced Tuner
    Use the segment swapper. Just changing the values isn't enough.

I've just disabled all transmission related codes, all transmission torque mngt and any limiters that involved vehicle speed with the transmission when my friend put a 5.3 in his rock crawler with a TH350.

His tahoe computer did not have a OS that could be use with the segment swap.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Ok, sweet Ill try the segment swap. Thanks!

Here is the tune that I put in it that wont allow it to rev past 1500.

1988 Camaro Z28 Th400.hpt
    00 Trans Am: Forged Iron Block 370ci, LS3 heads and intake, LS3 Polluter cam, LS7 lifters, FAST 92mm Throttle Body, Long Tubes with Off Road Y, Magnamouth Cat Back, SLP Lid, Viking Front Coil Overs, Rear 3 Way Drag Shocks

It will not let me do the segment swap. I looked through everything. I have all the codes turned off, All transmission torque management turned off, and I do not see anything that involves the vehicle speed in the trans. Also, I'm in advanced mode to view everything. So I shouldn't be missing something. Can someone look at my tune and tell me what I'm doing wrong please?
    Last edited by Mods89; 04-11-2016 at 05:04 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Go to torque management= abuse = drivetrain abuse and change 1600 rpm to 6000 or higher.

Sylvain

Quote Originally Posted by 02 Sierra View Post
    Go to torque management= abuse = drivetrain abuse and change 1600 rpm to 6000 or higher.

Sylvain
    Thanks! That worked!