Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot access different OS options with v3.0??

Potential Tuner

Cannot access different OS options with v3.0??

i am trying to write a 2 bar enhanced OS. The car is currently running a 1 bar enhanced os that i flashed with the old software 2.24. Now that i have updated the suite, i click the drop-down box and the box is blank not giving me any choices at all. Is anyone else experiencing similar problems??? i tried changing it on another computer that had 2.24 still loaded but my current tune has been flashed with v3.0 so im assuming theres no backwards compatibility. i have the available credits but none of the options are able to be clicked on.. any input?

Thanks!

Senior Tuner
    You need to start with an un-enhanced file each time. You cannot switch between enhancements with the same file. 3.0 clears the enhancement choices to prevent any issues.
    Jaime

Potential Tuner
    i did not know that. i was able to use a previous file with a stock OS and copy my tables over. The only issue i ran into was with the VE, the map linear kpa on the old tune was 94.60 the new 2 bar was a 200.00 kpa, when i tried to start the car it was almost dead rich. Pulled a large amount of fuel out across the VE map and now its running correctly.

Dumb question-since you have to restart with an 'un-enhanced' file, how do we get access to the enhancement to apply?
    04GTO IBM/blue/M12/3.46
    show-MPD Scorpio hood,cutout/quadtips,06-tails/doorlock button,JHP gauges,Monaro ftrest/Sport wheel,Pioneer Avic,rt530,Grafxwerks, stgg'd 18" Thruxtons
    go-forged ls2 447, MAST 295 70cc, 11.68:1scr, ported FAST102/NW102, jegten cam/tune,Lunati,160 tstat,Cloyes, Decca 60#, Kooks SS/catless,JBA cb,Taylor bluewires,OTRCAI,NGK TR6,GMM R/S/TSS-oemknob,Brembos/BaerSS lines, blue AMW cc,SLP-skid plate/udp, Monster3,IngallsETD,Lovells,Hotchkis,RevShift,HPTu ners/PLX.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jegten View Post
    Dumb question-since you have to restart with an 'un-enhanced' file, how do we get access to the enhancement to apply?
    The available choices show up in the OS window of the "stock file". Once a file is enhanced, the choices disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    The available choices show up in the OS window of the "stock file". Once a file is enhanced, the choices disappear.
    Thanks! I just recently moved to version 3.0, and have a vehicle with an enhancement applied already. I take it I would have to figure out how to get a "stock file" flashed into this vehicle to be able to "see" the options since I don't have the original factory file, right? It is an e40 PCM. Thanks!
    Last edited by jegten; 04-13-2016 at 02:20 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Thanks! I just recently moved to version 3.0, and have a vehicle with an enhancement applied already. I take it I would have to figure out how to get a "stock file" flashed into this vehicle to be able to "see" the options since I don't have the original factory file, right? It is an e40 PCM. Thanks!
    correct
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I'm having the same issue, just got 3.0 and registered a vehicle that has never been enhanced and my drop down menu is blank

VCM Enhancements are not available for every vehicle.

I have no idea what vehicle you're working with, so it's hard to comment any further.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    I solved my problem, simple thing I overlooked and found in another thread. I wasn't in advanced mode. Easy fix

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    correct
    Can you elaborate on this a little more? I've lost my non enhanced file and want to go from 1 bar Maf to 3 bar sd. What do I need to do?
    '00 z28

Post your current tune.

There's no way to take a tune that has an upgraded OS and then revert it back to stock or to revert to a different upgraded OS (assuming 2 are available). You need the stock file for that

Without seeing the tune it's hard to say much else
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

So since i cant take my currently enhanced os to a different enhancement (1 bar maf to 3 bar sd), what are my options?

Do i need to take the pcm to a dealer to be reflashed? or is there a way i can go from maf enhanced back to stock then to sd enhanced? Keep in mind I no longer have the original tune file. I lost that laptop years ago

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SnakesRslow; 05-05-2016 at 11:03 PM.
    '00 z28

Yeah a dealer flash is probably the best bet for you. You can't downgrade from any of the upgraded OS's back to stock.. and you can only upgrade when you're starting from a 'stock' OS. So, unless you can find the stock original file a dealer flash is the only thing I can think of. Maybe someone else will have another idea

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Dealer cannot flash over the LS1 custom operating systems, they are os mod locked.

Well, scratch that idea then

Dealer cannot flash over the LS1 custom operating systems, they are os mod locked.
    Ok so if that's out and I have no access to the original file, what are my options?
    '00 z28

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    New ecm is one option.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    edit-view-set it to advanced....

edit-view-set it to advanced....
    It is, I'm not even sure what you're getting at
    '00 z28