Thread: VSS blank in FG 5 speed strategies

Advanced Tuner

VSS blank in FG 5 speed strategies

i've not been able to get the VSS source working in an fg using the normal pin b7 that ba/bf used for OSS and have been looking at a few fg tunes.
    i noticed that FG 5 speed tunes when pulled from the pcm have a blank selection in VSS. you can still click and choose the normal FG VSS sources, just that once you've selected one of the available selections, you obviously can't go back to the blank box.

has anyone had any luck changing VSS source in FG tunes?
    is the blank selection in a standard 5 speed tune a glitch or a VSS source that hptuners have missed?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    I'm not sure what you mean again, it looks to me like it's there & on this PC at home it's the old 3.0.22 HPT
    VSS is there-maybe.png

Advanced Tuner
    by VSS source i mean actual VSS source. i meant to attach a pic to the first post and include the OS ID but i forgot - it's HAEDJJ4.
    the other VSS choices are there - ABS, TCS, OSS and 44(what i assume is something zf6 specific as thats the only tunes i've seen it selected in).

fg no vss.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah it seems just like it hasn't been added to some & not others as the HAEDJU7 has it & natively selected OSS, the 4speed auto has an actual ratio setting & the HAEDJJ4 has it but OSS/44/ABS/TCS aren't selected at but can be selected!

Advanced Tuner
    Is there another master VSS switch? Not the SCP one?

The 5sp will have the two switches off and the 6sp will have them on (with VSS by PCM off). I can't see all the switches it in the pic above....

There's some things missing in HP that maybe need for some conversions but I can't confirm as I don't know a lot about the conversion side of these cars.

Advanced Tuner
    thats the only strategy i've seen across all ba-fg that has a blank box. i understand not all strategy have the option to select VSS source, but i've never seen one with a blank box as the selection. thats why i was wondering if there was a 5th VSS source selection that hasn't been added or what the go is.

also, when i'm saying 5 speed pcm/strategies i'm referring to 5 speed auto, not manual as fg only have 6 speed manuals, so the SCP is enabled. what exactly is sent over the SCP and where to?

Advanced Tuner
    The box should not be blank in a 5sp Auto calibration so there is a software problem.

Advanced Tuner
    I would love to help with identifying the problem with the software, but I didn't even know there was a 5Sp Auto option (thought it was just 4sp or 6Sp Auto).

If there is a well defined 5Sp auto file I can try & identify problems in the files, is the ECM controlling the 5Sp Auto like in the 4Sp calibrations or does it has it's own TCM like the 6Sp Auto's?

Advanced Tuner
    the 5 speed auto isn't controlled by the pcm, similar to how the zf6 is.
    all good though, support replied to me last night so hopefully will be sweet soon.
    would still love some more info about what the falcons use VSS out via PCM and SCP for, i've been googling for ages but the US cars/pcm handle VSS stuff in a different way so anything i did find wasn't relevant.

Advanced Tuner
    Are you sure, I have the 5sp gearbox calibration popping up in my PCM calibration just as the 4sp calibration does (my other software).

Advanced Tuner
    the tune i posted in the other thread i started was a 4 speed egas tune i had misnamed. according to the diagrams etc in the factory manual and the 3 5 speed tunes i've checked, yeah. they have a separate tcm, its just not as smart as a zf6.

Advanced Tuner
    HP hasn't got everything defined and I don't know what's critical for the guys doing conversions. When I look at my other software, the Fg's look more complex compared to the BF (both ZF's) but I can't be sure that the BF has been defined in full.

Advanced Tuner
    all good, hp support got back to me and have advised all the changes will be added to the next update.
    this is a run down of whats being added:
    Speedo:
    VSS source - 51865

Trans:
    Automatic - 50346
    Load switch - 50349
    Infer neutral - 50350
    force neutral - 50351
    inferred movement - 50300

the blank vss source was because they had missed a 5th vss source - 45.

so i'll update the thread after i've tried the fixes.
    thanks for hp support for being so quick and thanks for the help in this thread guys.