Thread: OBD2 error criteria

Advanced Tuner

OBD2 error criteria

just curious, seeing how there is options to change things such as under/overboost, TPS etc etc in some strategy, do all the OBD2 codes have this function in the tune?
    and is there the ability to stop FMEM from happening from some codes in ford tunes similar to how its in GM tunes?

Quote Originally Posted by misk View Post
    just curious, seeing how there is options to change things such as under/overboost, TPS etc etc in some strategy, do all the OBD2 codes have this function in the tune?
    and is there the ability to stop FMEM from happening from some codes in ford tunes similar to how its in GM tunes?
    Generally they do but we don't always have them mapped out.

If you need something specific, let us know and we can look into it.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    just thinking for stuff like this.
    would be good to be able to adjust the temp the p1299 code is set and would be good to either disable to be able to adjust the other 3 codes.
    not sure how possible that is though...

p1299 - running in FMEM due to overheating condition
    p0550 - no vss signal
    p2105 - Electronic throttle body shut down (guard mode)
    p2110 - Forced limited RPM strategy (guard mode)

Yeah ETB shutdown would be good!

Advanced Tuner
    i emailed support last night and it was put in a queue so will post back once more is done.

Advanced Tuner
    is this something that can be accessed in sct or sniper?
    support wont reply to me when i ask if its hard for them to do this and any rough as fuck kind of time frame, so would be good if i could maybe provide them with an example tune or any kind of info that will help with this.
    is there any specific reason why when we disable obd2 codes in ford tunes this still allows the pcm to go into fmem mode. its like disabling the codes only disables the actual act of a code being reported, not stopping the condition that trips the code from actually occurring. this is a feature in gm pcms, why not ford? just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by misk View Post
    is this something that can be accessed in sct or sniper?
    support wont reply to me when i ask if its hard for them to do this and any rough as fuck kind of time frame, so would be good if i could maybe provide them with an example tune or any kind of info that will help with this.
    is there any specific reason why when we disable obd2 codes in ford tunes this still allows the pcm to go into fmem mode. its like disabling the codes only disables the actual act of a code being reported, not stopping the condition that trips the code from actually occurring. this is a feature in gm pcms, why not ford? just curious.
    Ford OEM and GM logic are very different. It is what it is. On a Ford you have to shut off the logic or setup the tune so that the FMEM conditions aren't met.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    fair enough, isn't disabling the logic basically the same result?
    by shutting off the logic i assume you're referring to whats listed in the engine diag tabs before the dtc list?

Advanced Tuner
    dont mean to sound like im bitching but i had emailed support in april for the ticket to be created and i emailed again recently about the same ticket but the last response i had was early july asking if i've asked on the forum for advice on this.
    if this is something thats not possible, so be it, i'll move on.
    if it is possible it would be great to have access to these features.
    i understand support is busy, i'm not shitty, just would be good to know either way.

What is your ticket number?
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner

Advanced Tuner
    sorry that was a separate ticket.
    its actually 36394

Advanced Tuner
    were you able to find the ticket?
    pretty sure will had picked it up

Advanced Tuner
    so i'm still unsure whats happening with this?
    am happy to do whatever to help the process.

Advanced Tuner
    still no idea whats happening with this, support still wont reply.
    normally am happy to wait and see what happens but i'm starting to do a lot more conversions and tunes for conversions, the no vss limp mode is the biggest issue and seems not many people are willing to share exactly how to get around that, so being able to disable the FMEM that results from that would be a big help.
    being able to disable the forced shutdown and forced limited rpm would be good to run cable throttle bodies which is another frequent request i get and would make conversions easier.

is anything like this able to be done through ids at all?