Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How To: Idle Tuning a NGC PID Controlled Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet300 View Post
    I know this is an old thread. I have been making my eyes bleed reading and learning. Trying to play catch up. But in my understanding of this could this be used within reason to control the aggression of a cam at park an neutral? For example make a cam idle more or less choppy ( within reason of course ) I have seen the LS guys use similar settings to achieve this.
    I'm by no means an expert tuner, and I'm using this and many threads to help me get my Cammed Turbo 6.4 up and running. But from what I understand, Your thoughts are in line with mine on that. Yes we should be able to use this information to make our cams idle with a choppy sound within reason. That and help us get a handle on fluctuating idle issues, or so I hope. There is a ton of information on this forum to read threw. Like you I have my work cut out for me.

so im thinking of camming my 2014 ram 5.7. so if im getting this right the proportional has the rpm jump above and under the desired rpm? but im still confused on integral and derivative on adjusting them and specifically what they do. so does integral change how fast the proportional changes happen, and are bigger numbers faster and smaller numbers slower rate of change? for derivative, is this the time span it takes to get the idle to "calm down" to a steady idle? and for this how would i adjust this to make it quicker or slower? i read what 06300csrt8 put up on these terms but these are my question i have after reading it