Thread: VVE tables 3.0 (VE mode)

VVE tables 3.0 (VE mode)

I am new to VVE but not to VE . In the new VCM Editor 3.0 , What is the difference between Manifold Switch Closed vs Manifold Switch Open mode ?

Thank you all
    Last edited by s57_s2k; 04-14-2016 at 05:31 AM.

Some intake manifolds have a vane flap that can divide the Manifold into two separate sections during idle and low flow scenarios to improve efficiency and torque. If so equipped, you tune for both separate (closed) and single (open) plenum configurations. Normally you tune the open....most people populate both tables with the open values as belts and suspenders....

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Some intake manifolds have a vane flap that can divide the Manifold into two separate sections during idle and low flow scenarios to improve efficiency and torque. If so equipped, you tune for both separate (closed) and single (open) plenum configurations. Normally you tune the open....most people populate both tables with the open values as belts and suspenders....

Ed M
    Thank you

Potential Tuner
    How do you know if your intake has this flap? I have 2015 Chevy SS Sedan (VF Commodore) and the open vs closed tables are different. I have a PD blower on it so I guess my tables should be set the same now? If so, do I use the OPEN table or do I need to create a new one? How would I start to create a new one?

Advanced Tuner
    It is probably only looking at the open table, but just make them both the same to be sure.