Thread: GoPro tookit feature additions

Potential Tuner

GoPro tookit feature additions

It looks like the new GoPro developer API's allow sending data back to the camera to be saved in the data stream part of the video.

Is this something you are planning to do? It might make it easier to sync up data between TrackAddict and RaceRender if you can put a time tag or the GPS data in the camera's data stream.

I also always have trouble with my GoPro Hero 4 and TrackAddict and end up having to start/stop it manually. Will an official toolkit help make that work better?

Keep up the good work, I love how my videos turn out after a track day, I just wish it took a little less time and was less prone to "oops, the camera wasn't on for that session" issues.

I'm glad to see that GoPro has finally provided some developer resources, although it appears to be a bit legal-heavy and locked down in a very Apple-like fashion, so that gives me some hesitation. It's something that I'll be keeping an eye on, especially as they release new cameras...

The GoPro HERO 4 control feature should be working well in TrackAddict as it is, however one of the leading causes of problems is the device not being connected to the GoPro's WiFi network. I've recently added some helpers for that on the Android side (will be in version 3.3.2), and am looking into what we can do on the iOS side (Apple's restrictions limit us here)...