Thread: LS6 CTS V, Trouble with Idle. Please help

Advanced Tuner

Exclamation LS6 CTS V, Trouble with Idle. Please help

Got a new car and having issues tuning it once it was cammed, keep getting no response from the tps after the car runs for a few seconds its drive by cable and we can barely get the car to idle. Customer states that car is mechanically sound but im not so sure Got a maf code and tps code. Car still refuses to idle. Ive had a cam sensor problems with another ls2 v1 but I have yet to deal with an ls6
    Ive attached a log with it idling and the tune. We disabled the Maf because we thought that was the primary problem
    Attached Files Attached Files

00' WS6 370/PT4788/TH400
    99' T/A N20

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PAT WS6 View Post
    Got a new car and having issues tuning it once it was cammed, keep getting no response from the tps after the car runs for a few seconds its drive by cable and we can barely get the car to idle. Customer states that car is mechanically sound but im not so sure Got a maf code and tps code. Car still refuses to idle. Ive had a cam sensor problems with another ls2 v1 but I have yet to deal with an ls6
    Ive attached a log with it idling and the tune. We disabled the Maf because we thought that was the primary problem
    Did you or your shop do the cam or did someone else? If you did, did the car run and idle when it came in?
    Last edited by matty b; 04-15-2016 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PAT WS6 View Post
    You have not properly failed the MAF in the tune and why would you zero out the Airflow Vs Frequency table.
    1968 Chevy C10 SWB - Project
    2018 Denali L5P

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by matty b View Post
    Did you or your shop do the cam or did someone else? If you did, did the car run and idle when it came in?
    a shop did the cam and called me for a tune. Apparently the factory sprocket came off the cam and the dowel fell in the pan so they put a bigger cam in it. Factory pushrods and valve springs because he claimed its a small cam under .580''.. so im getting in shit I dont really know the previous history about. I suppose the maf isnt what is giving me problems if its failing the right way. It seems like it has zero fuel when you hit the gas at idle it wants to die. They clamied they verified fuel psi and the car was mechanically sound to go....

thanks guys

00' WS6 370/PT4788/TH400
    99' T/A N20