Thread: Where is the 2.24 download link ?

Where is the 2.24 download link ?

This was posted by jtrosky on the thread i opened which is been closed and i quote.

"In my opinion, the problem with 3.0 is more about the "roll out" method used than the prodcut itself. It's not that 3.0 "sucks", it's just that it's substantically different and after people install it and realize just how different it is, they don't feel comfortable with it right away. Then, they realize that it overwrote 2.24 and HPTuners is not offering a donwload link for 2.24 anymore (and won't suppy it no matter what, under any circumstances).

People are not asking for 2.24 to be supported - I think we all realize that it's no longer supported. They just want to be able to download it and use it until they are comfortable with 3.0 - or as the learn 3.0. I can imagine that it's quite a dramatic shock to some people when they first fire up 3.0 and realize how different it is - especially if they need to get something done quickly after the upgrade. You've taken a product that people have been using for many years and completely changed it's interface (for the scanner). And you are forcing them to use it even if they decide that they don't want to (after they upgrade) by not letting them download 2.24 if they want.

This could have been handled much better, in my opinion. Let people continue to download and use 2.24 if they want to! Just make it well known that 2.24 is no longer supported and that emails to support about 2.24 will not be answered. Problem solved. People that like 2.24 can continue to use it and people that like 3.0, can use it. Everyone likes differernt things and have differernt needs.

I'll be honest, I'm still using 2.24 as well. I much prefer the scanner interface in 2.24. Yes, I know 3.0 is faster. Yes, I know it has filtering functionality. Yes I know it supports more vehicles - but none of that is important to me and my uses of the product. The true floating-window interface in 2.24 is more important to me and the way I use the product - I just don't like the interface of the 3.0 scanner - which is a huge aspect of the scanner and how it's used.

I just wish HPTuners would let people download and use 2.24 if they choose to. There is a great benefit to being able to use what you are familair with - at least until you are more comfortabe with 3.0, but even if not, it should be up to the user which version they use and how they use it, not the developer. Again, this has nothing to do with support - some people just want to be able to use 2.24 - even if it is unsupported.

You also have to remember that HPTuner support themselves told people that the 2.24 download link would be back in a few days (after 3.0 was released). Never happened.... Now, with that said, I fully expect this thread to be locked any time now (another thing that drives me crazy - the locking of threads that they don't like!). Let people talk if they want!"

First off i want to say i agree 100% with what jtrosky stated and i too read this about support telling us the 2.24 download link would be back and also that there would be support on allowing the two 2.24 and 3.0 to run side by side.. iv been waiting.. this is wrong hptuners and you guys should make it right.. I would like the 2.24 download link please thanks and peace

2.24 is not coming back, and we are no longer supporting it.

3.0 is the future, and where we are spending our development time.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...