Thread: tranny info

tranny info

i dont know if this is the right place ,, please move if needed
    i have a06 5.3 with a 4l60 tranny ,, how can i tell if my tranny is going into lock up ,, i am wanting to see if i am in overdrive or not ,, seems like my RPM is high i am running a 225-50-18 tire ( 27in tall ) and at 70 i am close to 2500 ,, i have a tune i did , but i dont know if i can see anything or not

thanks

You should be able to log what gear the transmission is in and if you are in lock up in the scanner.

Or just manually shift the truck from 3rd into 4th and watch the RPM drop, once it hits lock up it might drop another 100-200rpm.

Also what vehicle is this in and what rear end gear ratio??
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

5fdp could you look at my tune and tell me if its right ??
    i dont have a tach ,, its in a 55 belair with 3.73 rear gear

thanks

Sure you can post the tune here, just attach it to your post.

I did a quick calculation with a online rpm finder and it says with a 27in tire and 3.73's with the .696 final drive ratio in the 4L60e it's around 2260 rpm going 70mph.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

here is the tune
    Attached Files Attached Files

The tune says you are running a 25.85in tire, perhaps adjust that back to 27in to match the tire size you are running.

Also, does this transmission slam into every gear pretty good because you have shift times set to zero. You might want to bring them back up to the .0200-.250 range because the stock 4L60e's aren't very strong. I'd work on adjusting shift pressures a little to make shifts sharper.

yes you are right thank you for looking ,, i have a guy do it with my hp tuners i really dont know much about it ,, ill look at it ,, so is my tranny in lock up ? and could the tire size cause me to be running high rpm ??

thanks again ill see if i can fine it

what about the lock up how can i check that ??

Tuner in Training
    Based on the values you have for the TCC, it should be locked 100% of the time.

what does that mean maddmann sorry i am new at this ,,

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    He didn't see anything in the tune that would otherwise prevent lockup. Those RPM's look very normal per application. Resume having fun immediately.
    Last edited by Dr. Nopps; 05-02-2016 at 04:30 AM.