Thread: 2008 f350-6.4l p0088

Potential Tuner

2008 f350-6.4l p0088

looking for fuel pressure high & low deviation tables & cannot seem to locate in software. can this be added?

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    Under fuel system.tab.

Potential Tuner
    trying to deal with p0088 on my ford, I changed vcv pcv percentage and maximum pressures and still goes in to limp mode, can somebody help me with that ??

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    Does the pressure drop when under load or does it stay consistant. If it drops check your filters and check your low pressure pump. If all good there your pressure valve on the high side may be bad.

Potential Tuner
    Is the P code occurring on a stock or modified tune? If the tune is modified, what have you changed in regards to fueling?
    Mitch Edwards
    President
    AM Diesel Performance Inc.
    www.amdieselperformance.ca
    Canada

Potential Tuner
    its a stock tune, pressures doesn't drop, ids reads desired equals with actual pressure, I can command both vcv and pcv valves and change pressure but its setting p0088 under about 13% APP (freeze frame reading)
    so far a modified desired fuel preassure to 185 MPA in max set point and limp home modes , pcv max 85% pcv pid and vcv pid to 30%
    Last edited by piciu82; 08-16-2016 at 03:00 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Does actual read within your FRP deviation settings as pressure increases?
    Mitch Edwards
    President
    AM Diesel Performance Inc.
    www.amdieselperformance.ca
    Canada

Tuner in Training
    Deal with this code all the time, Unfortunately it's not a good one to have. Would rather have the P0087 code than this one.lol It could be a couple of different things like fuel rail pressure sensor under the valve cover but in my experience, it's probably the high pressure fuel pump. No scanning or logging or changes will correct it. Unless you've done something to the original calibration.
    Last edited by Chris@DDW; 08-16-2016 at 06:41 PM.
    05 Excursion 6.0
    14 Silverado 4.3

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kenturbo View Post
    looking for fuel pressure high & low deviation tables & cannot seem to locate in software. can this be added?
    More than likely it is the HPFP cover gasket harness shorting out. There is an updated part to address this.