Thread: 2004 BA XR6T Scanner Issue?

Tuner in Training

2004 BA XR6T Scanner Issue?

im completely new to any type of tuning but im slowly chipping away at learning how to do it all.
    i had a mates 2005 BA XR6T over plugged the laptop in and read the pcm fine and the scanner read fine also.

Then another mate come over with 2004 XR6T that apparently had a custom 10psi tune. Plugged the laptop into that but it wouldnt read it automatically, i had to manually select Black Oak 1472K then it read fine. After that i opened the scanner and went to connect to vehicle (which it did) but all i can read is RPM (sae) and Advance (sae) and maybe a couple of others.... no Manifold Pressure or anything.

Any idea's Fellas?

Advanced Tuner
    Newest version of the scanner has most of the parameters for a BA missing you must have got lucky with the 2005 BA having a strategy that's mapped.

Your best option is to pester Support here-
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...958#post427958

Or use Forscan or Livelink (with an X-cal2) to log

where are you located?
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Tuner in Training
    righto read through the thread, well i hope its up soon as i dont have an X-cal

im located in Tweed Heads,NSW
    Last edited by Bignatesmith; 04-19-2016 at 04:18 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    which strategy did the scanner have parameters for? any chance you could post the tune file?
    it might have just been that you had the parameters from a previous version and didn't do a re-poll.
    the last version of 2.25 still has most of the ba shit, just means installing 2.25 on a usb stick or something.
    apparently they've mapped the parameters for one BA strategy but i asked which strategy that was and haven't got an answer yet.

Advanced Tuner
    The update fro 2.24 to 2.25 and 3.0 required a firmward update for the MVPI that nuked a heap of support for the BA stuff. HPT are slowly adding parameters back in...slowy being the operative word

To be fair Forscan if bloody brilliant. I'd been using it on BA's for a while before the scanner issues popped up.
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Tuner in Training
    sorry mate proper noob at this, what do you mean by strategy? all i can tell you is the Module is a HAAS4Y4 it had Generic MAP, RPM, O2 sensor voltages, IAT, ECT, TPS, LTFT, STFT and probably more but thats all i had displayed from memory.

do you prefer ForScan over the HPT scanner for certain things?

(BH is a mates initials btw haha)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    It's just ridiculous that we have to use a 3rd party scaner for BA's, especially when a cheap thing like forscan can do it. And we pay like $700 for hp tuners. And to make things better I will be half way through a log for a tune and scanner will freeze!!!

Tuner in Training
    I've just downloaded 3.083 and now have access to stuff i've never had before with HP on my BA. Wastegate duty cycle, injector pulsewidth, fuel source, spark source, etc. My strategy is HAAT3VC.