Thread: 12 SRT8 Challenger Boost tune

12 SRT8 Challenger Boost tune

Looking for a little advice. 6.4 running 1200cc inj, a srt4 2 bar map, and twin precision 61. I have scaled the injPWxFuel mass and fuel mass xInjpw per the sticky.My question is what needs to be scaled for the 2 bar map? I have done the Pratiomax turbo to 2.0,Map linear to 46 kpa, MAP offset to 6.90kpa, MAP offset to .11v. What else needs to be addressed to get it running? Been reading up but compared to GM there isn't nearly the amount of info. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Senior Tuner
    You have to deal with your main airflow and startup tables next, can you provide a little more info on the motor itself? Cam, head, compression, intake manifold? pump gas/race gas/e85?

Sorry. It's completely stock motor with twins. Fuel system consists of twin 450gph pumps, -8 supply and return, rails in series, 1200cc injectors, rail pressure at 58psi. pump gas at the moment. gonna run 7 psi of boost to start.

Senior Tuner
    Oh boy...ok just fair warning, I am sure you are aware, that 392 is VERY unhappy with a lot of cylinder pressure and boost, keep it tame for now, I assume with the 1200 injectors and 450 pumps the plan is for e85, but that's a whole nother can of worms lol.

Since its stock block you're in great shape to start. Lots of little stuff to do, though. Here's a starter list:

Engine>Airflow>Limits
    set Max Airflow to 13,003
    set ve max to 180%

Engine>Airflow>Pressure Ratio Limits
    Set both PRatio Maxes to 2.0

Engine>Fuel>General>Fuel Mass Multipliers
    Set Vacuum Mult to all 1.0 (assume you are boost and vacuum referenced?)

Engine>Fuel>General>WOT Thresholds
    Set WOT Pedal Thresh to 3.00

Engine>Fuel>General>FA Power Enrich
    Depending on what you have for FA Stoich, I would set this table to 0.020 to start (about 11.0 AFR); start rich

Next assumes you have no cat, if you have them, might just want to leave them stock or bump them up another 2-300 degrees, no experience here.

Engine>Fuel>General>Converter Overtemp
    Set Thresh 1, 2, Min Temp Incr, and target cat temp to 3000

Engine>Fuel>General>Exhaust Overtemp
    Set Thresh 1, 2, Min Temp Incr, and target exh temp to 3000 (assumes you have no cats)

Onto Spark....

Engine>Spark>WOT Base
    Prob want to rescale this to have a higher aircharge, but if not I would set timing after 4188 rpms to just be 11* or so to start, you can add after some logs. Get rid of the ridge at 2,596 rpms

Some other items for Torque Management:

Engine>Engine Diag>General
    Set your Torque Delta and Torque Delta Fault to max

Engine>Engine Diag>Airflow
    Set your Map Max to 232 and your Min to 4.0
    Set your Map Deltas to both 230 or so

Engine>Engine Diag>Misfire
    I personally set this to 7000 rpms, as pretty much any boost is going to tickle the P0300 misfire DTC, but you can try to leave stock for now.
    Last edited by 06300CSRT8; 04-21-2016 at 08:31 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Worth noting all the changes I listed pertain to WOT tuning. The car should fire right up for you without any more changes than the MAP settings and your injector settings.

Thanks a ton! If your around IL ever I owe ya some beers!

Tuner in Training
    For anyone reading this... it is important to note, if one is boosted, setting WOT Pedal Thresh to 3.00 will not work.
    One can easily enter a Ratio above 1.00 (manifold pressure) before the pedal voltage threshold of 3.00V is met, meaning you do not enter PE but are under boost.
    Anyone using Roots/twin screws will really notice a positive pressure in the manifold and not be in PE with light throttle acceleration.

Set WOT Pedal Thresh to 2.50V or LOWER. This really needs to be logged and adjusted accordingly!

Quote Originally Posted by lsguy View Post
    For anyone reading this... it is important to note, if one is boosted, setting WOT Pedal Thresh to 3.00 will not work.
    One can easily enter a Ratio above 1.00 (manifold pressure) before the pedal voltage threshold of 3.00V is met, meaning you do not enter PE but are under boost.
    Anyone using Roots/twin screws will really notice a positive pressure in the manifold and not be in PE with light throttle acceleration.

Set WOT Pedal Thresh to 2.50V or LOWER. This really needs to be logged and adjusted accordingly!
    I know about this, mine is set at 1.54. I have boost coming in pretty early, maybe too early, but I don't drag race and like power early.
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp