Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RTT Support now available in VCM Suite 3.1 BETA

Tuner in Training
    Emailed you guys earlier this week about getting 3.1, I still haven't heard anything. I have a car coming in Tuesday I need it for.

Tuner in Training
    I've been using the latest download (ver 3.2.120) to tune my Turbo 5.3 96 Z28 this past week. I've been having great progress using the histograms and RTT on the VE. Idle quality had been pretty elusive though so I opened my flash, selected "Engine > General > RealTime Tuning > Idle-IAC-Base", then uploaded the tune. However, it wouldn't let me modify any of the cells. Not direct entry, not cut/paste, nor the input box (=, +, X) was allowed. Is this still being worked on or did I leave out some input in the configuration of the Scanner?

Tuner
    I have never had RTT work in V3.X, This whole thread i assume was setup to stop people asking when RTT will be back. But no use putting it there if nothing works? When will it be fixed? Can not even use 2.24 scanner has v3 removed all the config files

Quote Originally Posted by STATESMAN View Post
    I have never had RTT work in V3.X, This whole thread i assume was setup to stop people asking when RTT will be back. But no use putting it there if nothing works? When will it be fixed? Can not even use 2.24 scanner has v3 removed all the config files
    RTT is a pretty simply tool and is working for many.

I can't answer your question because I don't know what specifically isn't working for you, nor can we even attempt to fix whatever may be broken for you. Help us help you.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    RTT is a pretty simply tool and is working for many.

I can't answer your question because I don't know what specifically isn't working for you, nor can we even attempt to fix whatever may be broken for you. Help us help you.
    Exactly what MightyQuickz28 said the box is there ram data appears, Try and make changes Message "Future Release".
    Assume that message is self-explanatory like the old "2 Weeks" message that used to be in the scanner was there for 6mths.

Senior Tuner
    RTT would help me tremendously right now on a 411 ecm as the OS update can not be pulled back to run in 2.24 where RTT did work just fine. So this would be some information that would be useful on a relase date, or working beta to use this.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Quote Originally Posted by STATESMAN View Post
    Exactly what MightyQuickz28 said the box is there ram data appears, Try and make changes Message "Future Release".
    Assume that message is self-explanatory like the old "2 Weeks" message that used to be in the scanner was there for 6mths.
    Please post your tune, and exact steps we need to duplicate this issue.

Keith I characterized many issues with RTT earlier in this thread. I check it's use from time to time but nothing has changed. I have to pull back to 2.24 to use RTT without many issues.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Advanced Tuner
    My wideband will intermittently stop responding when using Real Time Tuning. The problem started when I was using my LC-1 through the serial port. I switched back to the MPVI and I still get intermittent lockups of the wideband. I'm not sure when it broke as I don't use Real Time Tuning all that often, but during the later times during 2.25 beta testing I had a bit better luck with it.

The most recent version I had this problem with was 3.2.135.
    Last edited by gofastwclass; 10-19-2016 at 01:35 PM.
    I build stuff...

What version are you using now?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    What version are you using now?
    I just realized I hadn't added that, 3.2.135 was the most recent version I had problems with.
    I build stuff...

Senior Tuner
    Can you clear histograms/tables live yet? Really need to be able to wipe tables after RTT changes.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

No.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Can you clear histograms/tables live yet? Really need to be able to wipe tables after RTT changes.
    No and they said they wouldn't be adding it back either. They don't know the importance of that feature when using RTT.

This and other reasons is why 2.24 rules for RTT still.

Fixed issues I noticed:
    Wideband seems to stay reading after enabling the RTT window and reading RAM

Issues still:
    Paste, Paste Special still doesn't work
    Increase resolution of cells doesn't exist
    Only loads first row of idle rpm table and base running airflow table
    While the wideband doesn't completely die when enabling RTT, it will freeze up periodically while using RTT.

Edit** Working on a Gen3 RTT equipped vehicle today on the dyno so I will be testing out 3.2.135 and adding to the list above.
    Last edited by LSxpwrdZ; 10-20-2016 at 12:08 PM.
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    Fixed issues I noticed:
    Stay reading or stop reading? Mine will intermittently stop reading with a 3 bar OS and RTT on a P01 PCM. Is the wideband working for you on 3.2.135? I just downloaded 3.2.138, but it's raining here so I won't be able to test until that clears.

I don't have 2.24 on my new laptop and don't plan to go back to it.
    I build stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by gofastwclass View Post
    Stay reading or stop reading? Mine will intermittently stop reading with a 3 bar OS and RTT on a P01 PCM. Is the wideband working for you on 3.2.135? I just downloaded 3.2.138, but it's raining here so I won't be able to test until that clears.

I don't have 2.24 on my new laptop and don't plan to go back to it.
    It did work fine for a while on a P01 1bar MAF Enh. COS however you'll notice I added a wideband issue to the list earlier. When I got into doing some idle tuning it would freeze up and sometimes crash the entire VCM Scanner program. Still very buggy IMO. Not stable enough for me to dedicate use of RTT to. 2.24.1172 is rock solid on RTT functionality and still gives me the ability to clear out my histograms after I make an adjustment without having to stop the scanner and restart it to clear them like the current 3.2 version.
    ShorTuning

Senior Tuner
    im working on a 99 c5 and went to try the rtt last night on the beta version. still doesn't work. still says "for future release" sad thing is, i do not have the original none sd OS to go back to in order to back it down to 2.24. this is fun..
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    im working on a 99 c5 and went to try the rtt last night on the beta version. still doesn't work. still says "for future release" sad thing is, i do not have the original none sd OS to go back to in order to back it down to 2.24. this is fun..
    Post your calibration. Are you sure you're using VCM Scanner 3.3?

Advanced Tuner
    It did work fine for a while on a P01 1bar MAF Enh. COS however you'll notice I added a wideband issue to the list earlier. When I got into doing some idle tuning it would freeze up and sometimes crash the entire VCM Scanner program. Still very buggy IMO. Not stable enough for me to dedicate use of RTT to. 2.24.1172 is rock solid on RTT functionality and still gives me the ability to clear out my histograms after I make an adjustment without having to stop the scanner and restart it to clear them like the current 3.2 version.

Thanks, I was just trying to understand. Apparently we're having a similar problem.

I played a bit tonight with 3.2.138 and had either the wideband freeze or the application crash trying to use RTT with the same 3bar OS I've been experimenting with. I couldn't send a crash log because I wasn't on wireless.

For me clicking the icon to open RTT will typically hang the wideband - doesn't matter how it's connected. MPVI is the most stable outside of RTT so I've been using that lately.
    IF (big if) the wideband doesn't hang when I choose RTT, attempting to load a table crashes the application.
    I build stuff...

No and they said they wouldn't be adding it back either. They don't know the importance of that feature when using RTT.

This and other reasons is why 2.24 rules for RTT still.

Fixed issues I noticed:

Issues still:
    Paste, Paste Special still doesn't work
    Increase resolution of cells doesn't exist
    Only loads first row of idle rpm table and base running airflow table
    While the wideband doesn't completely die when enabling RTT, it will freeze up periodically while using RTT.

Edit** Working on a Gen3 RTT equipped vehicle today on the dyno so I will be testing out 3.2.135 and adding to the list above.
    Yea, I'm super bummed that the functionality from 2.24 still isn't available. I still revert to 2.24 on any RTT vehicle.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!