Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2003-2007 Cummins 5.9L: Major Update Released in 3.0!

Tuner in Training Matt@HPTuners's Avatar

Lightbulb 2003-2007 Cummins 5.9L: Major Update Released in 3.0!

HPTuners has listened to your feedback and have released the first major update to the 2003-2007 Dodge Ram 5.9L Cummins since our first to market release in December. This update includes 400 new tables, scalars and switches. Notable highlights include:

• Renaming and significant reorganization of existing parameters.
    • Diesel fueling is now broken out into its own tab to allow for better organization of individual parameters.
    • Parameters have been moved and regrouped according to injection event, purpose and cosmetic layout in VCM Suite.
    • Added high idle feature switch with adjustments. Minimum, maximum and increment RPM are fully adjustable. When activated and the set button is pressed at idle, each time the cruise Accel or Decel buttons are pressed, the RPM will raise or lower by the increment amount to the min or max.
    • Added 2005 model year O/D off feature. When enabled, on the O/D off button will actually turn off overdrive instead of actuating tow/haul mode. This works in conjunction with the latest OS which is already included with HPTuners.
    • Improved PCM write algorithms for more consistency and reliability.
    • Added category and settings for the part throttle governor used on automatic transmission vehicles.
    • Added new category and settings for the all speed governor used on manual transmission vehicles.
    • Added new settings and significantly reorganized the limiters section.
    • Added new category and settings for the high speed governor.
    • Added new category and settings for electronic fan control.
    • Added new category and settings for alternator control.
    • Added new settings for turbo wastegate control.
    • Added new settings for torque management.
    • Added brake torque management RPM limit.
    • Added various new settings for injection timing.
    • Added new settings for injector hardware control to tune for new injectors.
    • Added many new settings for fuel pressure actuator duty cycle control.
    • Added lift pump run times.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask here!

gov.pngfan.pngidle.pngFuel Pressure.pngalt.png

Awesome, thanks!
    2003 305/555 QCSB Cummins
    Piston/rod/sleeve/fire ring/dual CP3/300 overs
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Mike View Post
    Awesome, thanks!
    Dont you work mike?

Thanks so much HP tuners!
    2005 Cummins 325/600 G56 3.73
    Reving to 4800
    Worked Head, Twin Disc, BBI

Awesome update, misfire minimum timing is finally explained...and now disabled. Thank you

Tuner
    Fark yeah!!

Tuner in Training
    Stupid question, how do you update for the new features? Just re-pull the read file from the truck and it will have the updated version ready to go or do you actually have to download the update.

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseladdict View Post
    Stupid question, how do you update for the new features? Just re-pull the read file from the truck and it will have the updated version ready to go or do you actually have to download the update.
    You have to update the software for hptuners by downloading the latest version.

Tuner in Training
    Old thread but im trying to research before asking (not having any luck).
    Tried enabling the high idle feature in the 03 im tuning. Unless i'm missing something, i cannot seem to get it to work. Ive followed the provided instructions with no luck.
    It isn't a huge deal, however the curious side of me would like to know why.
    Any insight/help would be appreciated.
    03 3500 CCSB SRW 4X4 4:10's
    4.5" lift, 35's, AFE stg1 pro dry, BD SuperB Special, BD Manifold, Stock inj, Arson CP3 kit, Airdog 100, Mild trans build, DiPricol Gauges, Good Lookin Bolt-Ons

Tuner in Training
    The high idle doesn't work in most 03's.

high idle work only on cold day with 03....it goes on high idle on it own
    03 cummins,175% flux injectors,dual cp3,s467.7/83 1.00
    Nv5600 with valair triple disc clutch

Tuner in Training
    totally new here with HPT, first day. I understand that I can't read my 03 cummins and that HPT 'conqures' up a stock tune for me? I gave 'reading' my vehicle a shot, typed in the vin and the editor recognized my truck, year, engine, but doesn't read it. VCM scanner will scan it and I can find it under 'recent vehicle profiles'...but can't find where it saved it to. I need to pull the stock tune to a thumbdrive to email it to my tuner...can anyone advise me on how to find/obtain this 'stock tune' or point me to a youtube vid? Seems to be only the 03 and 04 that can't be read? thanks

Tuner in Training
    The 2003-2005 Dodge Cummins SCI based PCM's are supported by HP Tuners as write only controllers. When you perform a "read", a stock file of the latest OS version is generated for you with information specific to your vehicle. You are prompted with this dialog:

Click image for larger version. Name: Write Only.jpg Views: 412 Size: 33.3 KB ID: 56064

After clicking OK, you are then prompted to save this file. This read file must be licensed and used for any further writes to your module. Do not license a read from the repository or any other source. Once you're ready to write your module, this generated file will overwrite any pre-existing software and tunes in the module, upgrade it to the latest OS and apply any changes you have made to your .hpt file.

Thanks!

I read that too...I am trying to 'read' with the VCM editor...I get some info about my ecm and op sys...but the process never goes any further...dialoge box says 'reading'...but there is no progress and I never get to see that box at the end or get the chance to save anything...is WIFI needed at this stage..how does the tune file arrive and when, where is it generated from?

Banned
    Is your MVPI interface synced? The ?read? can only get a few specifics from your ecm, controller serial number, calibration number, vin number, model year to name a few. The information it can get is used to generate a stock tune file for you to use. For the SCI ecms, they can?t be fully read out in its entirety. Just a few calls to them ecm can be made to get enough information for the VCM Editor to be able to generate the stock tune file for you.

Tuner in Training
    reader window.JPG
    synced, got the specifics off the ecm, then just sits there...never closes, never gives me the option to save, license or anything...just stuck like the photo...says; 'reading'..the editor doesn't generate the tune file, even moved the truck closer to my WIFI in case it needed internet access...sent this info to HPT..waiting on response

Banned
    Don?t need WiFi to have it create a stock file for you, vin license credits are only consumed once you write to the ecm

Banned
    Could be having communication issues between the ecm and the interface. Yours isn?t the first 2003 I?ve seen where it wouldn?t get a stock file.

Tuner in Training
    good point, my tuner just emailed me to check the wiring to the OBD2 port, he just had a faulty wiring issue which stopped a read/write on a job he was doing

Banned
    Check to make sure the pins aren?t getting pushed out of the obd2 port when plugging in the interface

Tuner in Training
    Jim P...will do, thanks

Tuner in Training
    found the reply from tech support in my junk mail folder...remember to look there if you don't hear back from them timely...they will ask for the debug file with a link how to obtain it to email back to them...Jim P, I checked the wires/pins on rear of my OBD plug..all good...spooky how the editor reads the vehicle info so fast, yet can't generate the tune file..patience...answers are coming (I hope)