Thread: Any way to Use OTG memory?

Tuner

Any way to Use OTG memory?

I keep thinking that "external memory" means that you can plug in a memory card adapter with an OTG cable, and use that to record sessions. It would definitely help with the limited memory of even the latest devices.

Is there any way to can add memory without buying a new tablet with an SD card slot? Google tablets have the best performance, but they saved $15 per unit by leaving off the SD card slot and adding the USB capabilities for mouse and OTG devices. It's the way to go for the future of tablets.
    Please? Please????
    Last edited by guitarZ; 04-21-2016 at 05:56 PM.

I have been wanting to support USB OTG storage devices, and even recently wrote most of the code to do it, but that broke hard with Android 6... Turns out that Google started intentionally blocking traditional filesystem access to USB volumes, and has forced everyone into their own roundabout way of doing things, which of course doesn't integrate well with any of our other file access.

There are some benefits to what they've done, but it also adds some new hurdles that require a bit more development time than I can allocate for that feature right now... I'd also need to assess what kind of access we'd be allowed to have with it, and so on; I have seen some odd or broken behavior with USB volumes in other apps that I'd like to avoid here if possible.

Tuner
    OK. I'll look forward to having TA record to a USB volume "someday"