Thread: Using PCM outside car

Potential Tuner

Using PCM outside car

Hey,

I am toying with the idea of writing a scan tool using the elm 320 chip. One of the things I would like to do is be able to develop/test with the PCM outside of the car. Yes, I understand there won't be much data I am hoping something like that would allow me to test general connectivity etc... I may even end up trying to read/change my own pcms - just for the learning experience. Does anyone have any schematics or know what is involved to host a pcm outside of the car ?

David

PS : if the scan tool works out, I may sell it for others to use. the programming/decompiling aspect would be strictly for my own amusement.

Advanced Tuner
    Actually, there are a number of great emulator programs out there if you have access to 2 computers in the same place, connected by a serial cable. JELM is one, but I found a better one thats not java based. I don't have the name of it, but I do have the files if you want them, its a free software.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Potential Tuner
    thanks for the info.

you can email the files to davidjclark AT bleedtheday DOT net