Thread: P0630 code and truck wont run

Tuner in Training

P0630 code and truck wont run

When I load a tune besides the stock file to my truck it will start and lope then die. When I reload the stock tune it runs just fine. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix it would be great.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004 5.9 View Post
    When I load a tune besides the stock file to my truck it will start and lope then die. When I reload the stock tune it runs just fine. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix it would be great.
    What all have you changed in the cal file? Can't build bricks without clay...

Tuner in Training
    Puslewith and timing

Tuner in Training
    Also removed post injection

Advanced Tuner
    Also removed post injection
    In what way did you remove post injection? It can certainly be done, but some ways may work better than others.

Also, did you do anything with pilot injection?

You should try reverting some of your changes to see which change causes the issue, then you aren't left to tossing darts blindfolded.

Tuner in Training
    Pilot*

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    p0630. Vin program mismatch. There's your issue.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomEnthusiast View Post
    p0630. Vin program mismatch. There's your issue.
    Good point. That's going to be the reason the truck shuts off.

The poor idle, on the other hand, I would put good money on it being the manner in which he killed pilot. Common thing. There are wrong ways and right ways to do this. And to be totally honest, I haven't exactly nailed it down myself. I have a tune where it works, but I had a good dozen tunes where pretty much the same thing would happen (minus the shutting off part).

I would check the VIN in the cal file you're flashing and compare it to what your truck's VIN really is.

It might require reading your truck again and starting with a fresh base, ensuring that the VIN matches.

Tuner in Training
    Didnt remove pilot just zerod out the post injection

Advanced Tuner
    Didnt remove pilot just zerod out the post injection
    Oh... You confused me with your following post...

Pilot*
    In any event, I would look into the VIN mismatch issue. That may or may not lead to a solution for the rough running, but should certainly help solve the shutting off issue.

Tuner in Training
    Not sure how its mismatched we cant change the vin numbers in the tunes. I'll try redoing my tune off the stock file from the data base.

Advanced Tuner
    Not sure how its mismatched we cant change the vin numbers in the tunes. I'll try redoing my tune off the stock file from the data base.
    Well aren't you picky with free advice... LOL

Look, this seems to have happened at least once, if not twice, since the release of HP Tuners. It was blamed on returning to stock from previous tuners. Just check your calibration details of your modified file (click on [Edit] [Calibration Details]), and see if the VIN matches your truck.

Thread that is linked in HP Tuners sticky above: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...etitor-Devices

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    It seems to be an issue with ford 03-4 6.0l diesels as well. But I just make it work by reflashing with the sct or what ever and reset values based on a stock file pull and tune from there with the decive assigned vin still used. But in the latest update they fixed the no vin issue on the fords. It is common for devices to rewrite the vin on everything to device id+serial number.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    Well aren't you picky with free advice... LOL

Look, this seems to have happened at least once, if not twice, since the release of HP Tuners. It was blamed on returning to stock from previous tuners. Just check your calibration details of your modified file (click on [Edit] [Calibration Details]), and see if the VIN matches your truck.

Thread that is linked in HP Tuners sticky above: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...etitor-Devices
    I think your right I have had my smarty on it up until this past weekend. I'll re-download my ecm from the truck