Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V3 e40 WILL write config on EFI Live COS

V3 e40 WILL write config on EFI Live COS

So long story short..

I was tuned on EFI live, I moved, rebuilt engine and had it re-tuned on HPT at a new shop (I requested HPT).

Bought HPT myself to make some changes and noticed that I could not do a write entire / full write to commit the changes I wanted to make.
    Contacted support who said v3 WILL NOT DO a full write to the e40 and to go back to 2.24.
    Loaded up 2.24 and it reads the tune from the car and will save it but wont open it up.

Contacted support again / provided tune and diag logs..
    Turns out the shop I used had v3 and it wrote the config even tho it was EFIlive custom OS not HPT! (FI application here so HPT would have needed 2bar SD).

Now Im stuck with EFI live custom OS with a HPT config on it and cant do a full write. Sounds like I get to dealer flash the thing and start all over again?

/end rant.

Tuning Addict
    Is there a reason why your needing to do a write entire?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Was wondering that too

Yes. There are several things that when flashed that do not work.
    #1 the main VE table.
    #2 the car wont enter OL SD. A few of us have tried. Same table changes work on other e40's that dont have the mix match.

No way HPT is going to support flashing EFI live COS.
    The thought of tuning one on the other seems like a really bad idea to me.

If it opens in VCM Editor, it's supported.

The parameters you listed do not require a write entire.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Wow. OK!

So I should just gi back to v3 and open support cases for things that don't work?

Quote Originally Posted by MP_ View Post
    So I should just gi back to v3 and open support cases for things that don't work?
    3.0 will work fine.

Since I have an e40 as well and won't do a write entire either . How do I get 2.24 back?Already emailed support with no answer yet and this seems to be a issue with no fix.

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by MP_ View Post
    Yes. There are several things that when flashed that do not work.
    #1 the main VE table.
    #2 the car wont enter OL SD. A few of us have tried. Same table changes work on other e40's that dont have the mix match.

No way HPT is going to support flashing EFI live COS.
    The thought of tuning one on the other seems like a really bad idea to me.
    Your car uses virtual VE, same that efi live uses and modifies... You may not have a 2bar OS upgrade even available for your vehicle... Go under edit - virtual VVE - should open up your VE table... You still fail the MAF the same ol' way... You can completely "0" out your maf table and log MAF status if your unsure if it's in VE mode or not - if still using MAF - engine won't run for obvious reasons...

Then you still need to put it into open loop, but this is entirely a waste of time - use fuel trims to tune VE while in closed loop and have a separate grid setup for logging air fuel error - just take what you need from each to modify your VE table... This isn't that hard. If you still have problems, post the tune so we can look at the setup to give guidance
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

2 bar is available for the e40 most of the time. but I cant do a full write or even get to that in v3. Thats why I was told to go back to 2.x
    As far as I know there is no "virtual" VE for the e40. Its just the VE tables. I believe there is a difference with the e38 vs e40 but I could be wrong.

This is the kind of stuff thats missing (boost enrichment)

first one is mine second one is what I assume it should look like in HPT.

Last edited by MP_; 04-26-2016 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by v8s10s View Post
    Since I have an e40 as well and won't do a write entire either . How do I get 2.24 back?Already emailed support with no answer yet and this seems to be a issue with no fix.
    contact support they can get you the 2.24 that will work with the newer firmware in your unit

Yeah, E40's have a regular VE table from the factory.

When you go to the "OS" tab does it have an option to upgrade to a 2 bar OS?
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Yeah, E40's have a regular VE table from the factory.

When you go to the "OS" tab does it have an option to upgrade to a 2 bar OS?
    No that's missing too. I have to do that in 2.24 I guess (according to support) but I can't because of the efi live cos.

OS upgrade shows up on my original E40 tune file in V3. Can't do a write entire.. but it at least shows up. I'm not so sure 2.24 will be any different in that regard.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Its an efilive custom operating system, they didn't do it the same way as we did with our custom operating systems, you are limited to THEIR CODE! Comparing one of our custom operating systems to what you are seeing from an EFILIVE custom operating system is like comparing apples to oranges. What is in the ecm is what is there. 2.24 will not help you in this case because it didn't support these operating systems, never will.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Its an efilive custom operating system, they didn't do it the same way as we did with our custom operating systems, you are limited to THEIR CODE! Comparing one of our custom operating systems to what you are seeing from an EFILIVE custom operating system is like comparing apples to oranges. What is in the ecm is what is there. 2.24 will not help you in this case because it didn't support these operating systems, never will.
    This was more of a warning.. There are still EFI live things in play that HPT isn't touching.
    I dont want EFI live. I want HPT.. So I dealer flash. then 2.4 or can 3.0 add the 2 bar SD COS?

So I pretty much have to start over.. Right?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    2.24 to apply 2 bar then tune it with 3.0
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

but to get 2.4 to work I have to dealer flash this thing and start over.
    right?
    Is there a recovery mode to rescue this with HPT?

Do you have the original file, pre-EFILive OS?

Question for the pros--if he doesn't, can you take another tune with the same OS, change the VIN to match his car, then use that as a starting point to upgrade to 2 bar, etc.? I've never had to do it so I'm not sure.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock