Thread: speed density tune questions on turbo 13 camaro

Potential Tuner

speed density tune questions on turbo 13 camaro

ok so this will be my first speed density tune and just looking on the internet there doesnt seem to be many people doing this with cars that have virtual ve tables. is the custom os not really necessary now that you can rescale vve tables in v3.0? Ok another thing i am noticing just playing around with the stock file is that if you do in fact rescale the vve table there is a large portion of the file that is actually negative numbers... I was initially just going to rescale the vve table for boost and copy this in the custom os ve tables for a start up base file, but now i am not sure this is the right thing to do...
    any input would be helpful.

Tuning Addict
    It's a 13 - you should have a custom OS - 2bar - under your second part of the OS tab... You can set up for just a sd tune without this, but since your turbo, the boost enrichment will help you out with random boost spikes - otherwise you need a load bearing dyno to tune the low rpm high load areas of the table... Dyno would be best regardless...

Either way you need to kill the MAF in the tune...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    Yes I do and that is exactly where I'm at right now trying to Populate the ve tables that are blank in the 2 bar os imrc open and imrc closed. (Just need something to start with basically)

Potential Tuner
    My initial thought like I said earlier was to rescale the vve to match the custom ve tables but when I did the vve table had a few areas of negative numbers so I didn't think that was going to work...
    I have looked in the repository and anywhere I can think of and can't find anything close to what I need

Tuning Addict
    Not at the computer right now, but I do have a couple ls3 twin turbo VE tables I could send you. Just send me your email via pm or all you have to do is copy the last highest set of numbers, paste these into your last row, multiply that new row by 1.2 and interpolate between those two rows.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC