Thread: oddity us me

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar

oddity us me

I have a 1993 11 wire 4l60e that's fully built with 5 pinion plantarues and goodies so not about to get rid of my transmission. I know its been done before but just wondering should I tune tcc lockup 100% since it's on off lockuo? Its electrically different than 96+ but I'm just thinking of how I can tackle thus issue. I've got an 0411 pcm and harness and I m going to be swapping in a 6.0l at some point. Just not this second. I'm just prepping so far.

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    I believe you will only be able to decide in which gears and when you get the TCC to lockup with that transmission. Even with that PCM I think your convertors PWM's, FMC's & duty cycles are'nt controllable (tunable) with it. Sorry if I'm describing it incorrect. Don't let that sound like a reason not to use that setup though, if you get everything hooked up and wired in properly it should work just fine.
    Last edited by Dr. Nopps; 05-02-2016 at 05:47 PM.

I hate pwm tcc anyway. I just want shifts and lockup. I know it's been done I'm just wondering what codes can I use to shut off the tcc pwm and what I need to do to keep it out of limp mode.

After the computer is polled, your list of DTC's is available, so just delete the ones you first think will give you trouble with your TCC configuration. If any others get set off later down the road, you can delete those too. Right off of the bat you can however disable all forms of Engine & Transmission Abuse Modes (Limp Mode) as well as do away with as much Torque Management as you desire.

Sounds good. I'm just preparing for my swap here in 2 or so months. I'm converting to males because I'm far more familiar with speed density. Any suggestions? The pcm is off a 4.8l.

Ok so after some research people are saying just tcc 100% and shut off a couple things. Down the road I'll let people know how this turns out.

A random thought. Is there anyway I can physically trick the pcm? Like using just a random solenoid or resistor so the pcm sees resistance? I've got a 13 wire harness in the transmission from when I did all the upgrades and replaced the harness. So I know I could probably junkyard a solenoid or something and just leave it hanging in the pan.

Don't even worry about fooling the PCM. As long as the tranny gets all it needs, you can just disable any tranny DTC's in the computer if they show up.

I'm gonna use an 0411. It doesn't need that whole shift module on the side of the transmission right? Another question is can I use the drac module or can I t the vss signal and adjust it manually.