Thread: Use LiveStream for Car to Pit comms?

Tuner in Training

Use LiveStream for Car to Pit comms?

If I understand this correctly, using LiveStream we can send live telemetry data from the car to the Pits to monitor car conditions. Can we also monitor the phone's speaker or headphone jack for in car Comms? I haven't tried this and am not sure if it is a feature 'yet', but it does open the door to possibility. If you can have access to the phone speaker through LiveStream you could enable pit to car comms and even have a Master setting for Race Control to car comms.

The live telemetry streaming feature is data-only at this point: GPS, lap times, and optional OBD data. There are ideas for incorporating some audio/video features in the future, but there are still a number of technical details to test and nail down before I can say anything for sure...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    The live telemetry streaming feature is data-only at this point: GPS, lap times, and optional OBD data. There are ideas for incorporating some audio/video features in the future, but there are still a number of technical details to test and nail down before I can say anything for sure...
    Adding an audio channel would be a wonderful feature!~ Just sayin! ;-)

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    ..... There are ideas for incorporating some audio/video features in the future, ....
    Has there been any advances on video? We have an event coming up where the organisers would love some in car footage.

If not - has anyone found another way to livestream in-car footage with another Android based APP?