Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: issues with MAP reading over 250kpa

Tuner

issues with MAP reading over 250kpa

anyone else have issues with MAP readings stopping at 250kpa. tables are scaled to read upto 300 but the absolute highest it will read is 251.5. gauge is reading 27psi and logged boost will not read above 21.7. Log file is attached. thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyb_288 View Post
    anyone else have issues with MAP readings stopping at 250kpa. tables are scaled to read upto 300 but the absolute highest it will read is 251.5. gauge is reading 27psi and logged boost will not read above 21.7. Log file is attached. thanks
    Seems to be the norm with HP Tuners for the time being. At least on the SRT-4 platform. I would wager that until they update the scanner with enhanced PIDs, you're going to have to basically take the maximum reading that can be achieved in the scanner (which I believe is actually 255), then add whatever the lower kpa numbers are that show up after you've maxed out the resolution of the scanner.

In other words, if you see your scanned kPa value hit 25x (I use an "x", because the refresh rate of the scanner probably won't be sufficient enough to catch the peak possible 255 number in the log unless you dwell there long enough), you should see the plot for kPa basically zero out immediately after that, and then start to climb again.

So, if you saw 25x, then it climbed 20 after it drops out, you would add 20 to the 255 (max possible) to get a total of 275 kPa.

Ghetto fabulous, I know. But it's the best we can do for now.

Senior Tuner
    Its a tune limit, not a scanner limit. all of the max kpa settings in the tune are set at 250kpa, including all your map settings.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Its a tune limit, not a scanner limit. all of the max kpa settings in the tune are set at 250kpa, including all your map settings.
    It's a scanner limitation, trust me. Despite his tune not being scaled 100%, I've done many tunes on these cars up to 4 BAR and scaled all tables for up to that range, and it still zeros out after 255 kPa.

Senior Tuner
    Show me a tune with this screen higher than 250kpa and I will concede. It is NOT the scanner. Ross Nova and I have both gone to support without success on getting the settings higher. CMR doesn't have the same limit, if you have a car tuned with CMR for a 3 or 4 bar, it works fine once you take over with HP, but you cant start stock with HPT and then try to read higher. Its not even the rescaling of all your tables, its the basic maxes set under ENGINE DIAG>AIRFLOW

Engine Diag Airflow.JPG

Senior Tuner
    Same thing with MAP Sensor Linear, its capped at the two bar of 46kpa, you cant even enter the MAP settings right past a two bar. Mine was done in CMR, value shows 61.85 linear, if I touch it and try to retype it, gets stuck at 46

Advanced Tuner
    Show me a tune with this screen higher than 250kpa and I will concede. It is NOT the scanner. Ross Nova and I have both gone to support without success on getting the settings higher. CMR doesn't have the same limit, if you have a car tuned with CMR for a 3 or 4 bar, it works fine once you take over with HP, but you cant start stock with HPT and then try to read higher. Its not even the rescaling of all your tables, its the basic maxes set under ENGINE DIAG>AIRFLOW

Engine Diag Airflow.JPG
    By "Show me a tune with this screen higher than 250kpa and I will concede.", are you referring to the [Engine] [Diag] [Airflow] tab?

Edit: Disregard this question. I now see the attachment you put in there. Wasn't showing before for some reason.

I'll try to get you a screenshot in a bit. Currently at work, but maybe I can get the wife to open my file up from home and take a snapshot of it for ya.
    Last edited by B00STJUNKY; 04-29-2016 at 09:57 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Are you able to read a higher kpa value on another PCM based scanner, say aeroforce/diablo? That would verify the PCM is actually outputting a signal higher than 255kpa.

Senior Tuner
    Guess I could be wrong here, got a copy of a CSRT and see higher map max values...still checking on a few things.

Advanced Tuner
    2 different files:

Advanced Tuner
    By the way, I'm referencing the Neon SRT-4 platform, here.

Senior Tuner
    I have a 03 PT GT file that allows 512 Kpa limit values in the calibration. MAP Sensor Linear will allow 100 Kpa.
    Jaime

Senior Tuner
    Yea guys def appears a two prong issue, for guys on the lx platform, we have a 2 bar limit in the OS, so regardless of what the scanner COULD be fixed up to read, our PCMs never will output it.

For you guys clearly the limit isn't there in the PCM, so theres no reason the scanner shouldn't be fixed up to read past 250kpa.

Senior Tuner
    Yea guys def appears a two prong issue, for guys on the lx platform, we have a 2 bar limit in the OS, so regardless of what the scanner COULD be fixed up to read, our PCMs never will output it.

For you guys clearly the limit isn't there in the PCM, so theres no reason the scanner shouldn't be fixed up to read past 250kpa.
    The Hemi's seem to be a case by case thing. Some years and definitions have higher limits defined and others don't, from what I can see. It's a template issue. As for the scanner, i wouldn't expect the SAE PID to show above 250 Kpa, but any enhanced PIDs should.
    Jaime

Tuner
    All of my tables are scaled for 3 bar sensors as im currently running 3 bar map and tip
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Scottyb_288; 04-29-2016 at 07:03 PM.

Tuner
    Bump. Am i really the only person to tune a Big turbo srt4 with this issue?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyb_288 View Post
    Bump. Am i really the only person to tune a Big turbo srt4 with this issue?
    What seems to be the issue, aside from having to do a little math outside the scanner to determine the true MAP sensor reading? It's not like the PCM doesn't internally recognize that you're exceeding 250 kPa. It's just the scanner not showing the proper value, but as I explained earlier in this thread, when the reading zeros out after surpassing 255 kPa, just add 255 to whatever the scanner is displaying as the kPa value.

Tuner
    Its to the point that the MAP sensor will randomly drop off now. There is no set KPA that it will read. And im not trying to be ignorant or argue here just searching for an answer. The adding method doesnt add up. I make 27psi from the time im in it to redline and from adding the 2 MAP readings it comes up to 22psi.

Tuner
    just incase anyone has any doubt about the sensor reading that high.
    Attached Images Attached Images