Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ion Redline is in 2.1.10

Smile Ion Redline is in 2.1.10

i've added the 04-06 Ion Redline LSJ to 2.1.10. Not all the OS's are available yet but most are. Be patient when 2.1.10 comes out if you have to email me your .hpt file

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    If I could just license mine in 2.1.9

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    i've added the 04-06 Ion Redline LSJ to 2.1.10. Not all the OS's are available yet but most are. Be patient when 2.1.10 comes out if you have to email me your .hpt file

Chris...

YESSSSSS, I have never used your product before but theres a first time for everything.. Way to go Chris@HP you rock.....

So when should I place my order for the Pro package with black box logging? I need that LSJ Software for the Redline!!!! Thanks Chris!!!

Tuner in Training
    Definitly a good move !

And I thought it was too good to be true!!!!!!!!!

You guys are the best... we went from 0 tuning options to more than I understand how to use! Thanks a bunch guys!

Last edited by Sp00ner; 04-27-2006 at 11:09 PM.
    2005 Stage 2 Saturn Ion Redline
    260whp, 225wtq 14.0 @ 13.7 (2nd time dragging)

RedlineForums.com Moderator and Eager Tuning Noob.
    Chicago, IL

Chris, Keith, & Ken are the best.
    That's why we have a group hug every Friday...

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Potential Tuner
    So am I reading this right? You are close to having total control over the LSJ PCM? Or is this for some strange reason just the Red Lines?

From what I understood, the SS/SC was for sure, they just weren't sure that they would have the Ion Redline in there as well...

I... mean... No... no tuning for the SS/SC, you have to wait... hehe...

Chicago, IL

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp00ner
    From what I understood, the SS/SC was for sure, they just weren't sure that they would have the Ion Redline in there as well...

I... mean... No... no tuning for the SS/SC, you have to wait... hehe...
    Okay sp00ner which is it? no keeping me in suspense here. I have not heard of this being ready on the cobalt forums and now you really have my hopes up as my build hinges on having this software ready before the last part comes in.
    And seeing as I live so far away from you, you don't have to worry that my car is going to out performing yours

*Edit*
    Okay so apparently the search function works on this site as well. I see that we are awaiting the release of 2.10.1 which really tickles me.
    Last edited by victory_red_SS; 04-28-2006 at 09:12 PM.
    Victory Red SS\SC Stage 2, K&N Typhoon, TOG Header, Custom 3" S\S exhaust, B&M shifter, Ingall's T\B, tint, armrest, lower grille, body coloured bowties
    JBP Stage 3+ Head(ordered) Diamond Racing Pistons 10.0:1(arrived) JBP custom grind cams(ordered) ClutchMasters FX300(arrived) Fidanza flywheel(ordered) JBP CAB's(ordered) Quaife LSD(ordered) Eibach Sportline springs(ordered) HPTuners Pro (ordered) Ordering soon custom driveshafts, Mickey Thompson drag radials

Ah! I see the cams and so forth, yea, been holding off on some of the same damn mods myself. Cams in particular...

Now it's hurry up and wait!

Your car will be the same speed as mine, red is the fastar...
    Last edited by Sp00ner; 04-28-2006 at 06:36 PM.

Chicago, IL

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners

Chris...
    What do you mean by OS's? Operating Systems? Meaning different calibration versions, or are there actually different operating systems on different cars? Stage Kits? Just curious... I have the stage(1) calibration on my '05...

Chicago, IL

Quote Originally Posted by Sp00ner
    What do you mean by OS's? Operating Systems? Meaning different calibration versions, or are there actually different operating systems on different cars? Stage Kits? Just curious... I have the stage(1) calibration on my '05...
    Not to "cut in" Sp00ner but
    The first file/segment of any calibration "package" is the OS (yes operating system) So if you enter your VIN at: http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web you can see the breakdown of each calibration file and it's revision history. The first file shown in each catagory is the calibration you car SHOULD have if fully up-to-date, in the stock configuration (the others are older outdated files)
    I dont think you'll ever see the Stage Kits in this Tis2Web tool, but once you offload your calibration with HPT, your various calibrations will be very clear.
    HTH
    WopOnTour
    Last edited by WopOnTour; 04-28-2006 at 07:27 PM.

Thanks wop, you seem very knowledgeable...

Chicago, IL

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yeah each motor can have several different operating systems take a 99 ls1 fbody for instance may have operating systems for the same car/engine:
    OS's
    1.M6 3.42 gears 160mph speed limiter
    2.M6 3.42 gears 118mph speed limiter non Z rated tires
    3.A4 2.73 gears 160mph speed limiter
    4.A4 2.73 gears 118mph speed limiter non Z rated tires
    5.A4 3.23 gears 160mph speed limiter
    6.A4 3.23 gears 118mph speed limiter non Z rated tires

now im just using this as an example but thats kinda the way it works...thats why when doing custom operating systems & such its such a pita cuz for some cars there might be 6+ OS's per year/per model and in some cases your talking about dozens of models they have to cover and muliply that by the amount of years so your talking literally hundreds of OS's they have to modify the code for. Time consuming to say the least.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I'm a software engineer, it makes perfect sense to me!

I thought that would make messing with car's computer easier, ya... I've been wrong before too... hehe... Thanks for the info.

Chicago, IL

Potential Tuner
    sooo does that mean tuning for the colorado/canyons are around the corner???

Quote Originally Posted by twigg107
    sooo does that mean tuning for the colorado/canyons are around the corner???
    2.1.10 also

2.1.10 seems to have a lot of new stuff in it
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    Rock on!!!!