Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ion Redline is in 2.1.10

Potential Tuner
    Sweet, it is about time, the coly needs some new tricks
    2004 Chevy Colorado ZQ8, I-5 auto 3.73, Denso iridiums, Gibson Exhaust, AEM BFI, Jet power-flo servo,20" ALT's

Tuner
    So, when exactly can we expect v.10 to ship?

Advanced Tuner
    If you ordered now, you can download 2.1.10 by the time you get your cable.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifted
    If you ordered now, you can download 2.1.10 by the time you get your cable.
    for us noob's and uninformed please explain. What do I all need to do, considering I have nothing to start with except the car and the need.
    Victory Red SS\SC Stage 2, K&N Typhoon, TOG Header, Custom 3" S\S exhaust, B&M shifter, Ingall's T\B, tint, armrest, lower grille, body coloured bowties
    JBP Stage 3+ Head(ordered) Diamond Racing Pistons 10.0:1(arrived) JBP custom grind cams(ordered) ClutchMasters FX300(arrived) Fidanza flywheel(ordered) JBP CAB's(ordered) Quaife LSD(ordered) Eibach Sportline springs(ordered) HPTuners Pro (ordered) Ordering soon custom driveshafts, Mickey Thompson drag radials

Advanced Tuner
    Order the cable, you wait for it to get sent to you. The cable comes with a CD, but you will probably be instructed to download a newer version. You install the software, connect the cable, and connect the cable to the car, and off you go tuning.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Potential Tuner
    Order the cable, you wait for it to get sent to you. The cable comes with a CD, but you will probably be instructed to download a newer version. You install the software, connect the cable, and connect the cable to the car, and off you go tuning.
    Okay, now please tell me how this differs from a PCM reflashing?
    Victory Red SS\SC Stage 2, K&N Typhoon, TOG Header, Custom 3" S\S exhaust, B&M shifter, Ingall's T\B, tint, armrest, lower grille, body coloured bowties
    JBP Stage 3+ Head(ordered) Diamond Racing Pistons 10.0:1(arrived) JBP custom grind cams(ordered) ClutchMasters FX300(arrived) Fidanza flywheel(ordered) JBP CAB's(ordered) Quaife LSD(ordered) Eibach Sportline springs(ordered) HPTuners Pro (ordered) Ordering soon custom driveshafts, Mickey Thompson drag radials

Advanced Tuner
    It doesn't... where did you get the idea that this wasn't a PCM reflash?

Potential Tuner
    It doesn't... where did you get the idea that this wasn't a PCM reflash?
    I have no ideas about how that works thats why I asked you. I had not heard that a PCM reflash for the LSJ was yet available and if you look at my signature you'll see that I need this essential part before I receive the last part and start my build.
    Thanks for your time, I really appreciate it.

Advanced Tuner
    Well thats why Chris made this announcement...

This software allows you to go in to the ECU and edit the parameters (fuel injector size, VE, timing, etc), then flash it back (aka reflash). You can tweak it however you need to, so its not a canned reflash like GM would give you, this is a custom reflash device for everybody (since no car is the same).

Potential Tuner
    Well thats why Chris made this announcement...

This software allows you to go in to the ECU and edit the parameters (fuel injector size, VE, timing, etc), then flash it back (aka reflash). You can tweak it however you need to, so its not a canned reflash like GM would give you, this is a custom reflash device for everybody (since no car is the same).
    Thanks, that helps alot.

Tuner in Training
    Keith / Chris how many days V2.1.10 will be available for the 2005 Cobalt SS Supercharged ? THANKKS !!!!!

I'm pretty excited to jump in and start learning the software, trying to map out all the minor 'safe' changes I can start making!
    2005 Stage 2 Saturn Ion Redline
    260whp, 225wtq 14.0 @ 13.7 (2nd time dragging)

RedlineForums.com Moderator and Eager Tuning Noob.
    Chicago, IL

Potential Tuner
    Does this software allow for raising the rev limiter?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
    Does this software allow for raising the rev limiter?
    http://www.hptuners.com/help/introdu...s_vcmsuite.htm
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Thank you.

Potential Tuner
    so will u need a labtop to tune with? and for someone wanting to change smaller parameters, and not wanting to blow then engine is it easy to use?

i hope so, cause i want something GOOD

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yes & yes
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by mattyfinch
    so will u need a labtop to tune with? and for someone wanting to change smaller parameters, and not wanting to blow then engine is it easy to use?

i hope so, cause i want something GOOD
    As Chris said on our forums, the important part is using lots of common sense, and making sure you know what you're change is going to do, before you do it and test it. If you want to start playing with fuel and timing, you need to have equipment to make sure you're not pushing things too far in a bad direction. Just like changing hardware on the engine, you need to have wrenches, screwdrivers, new gaskets, or things like that.

To me, you need to have access to a wideband 02 sensor, and a dyno-type device. Not if you're going to change things like fan turn ons, or mild things like that, but to get into the 'meat' of the ECU...
    2005 Stage 2 Saturn Ion Redline
    260whp, 225wtq 14.0 @ 13.7 (2nd time dragging)

RedlineForums.com Moderator and Eager Tuning Noob.
    Chicago, IL