Thread: Has Anyone Tweaked MDS (DOD) Minimum Vehicle Speed For Operation Settings

Has Anyone Tweaked MDS (DOD) Minimum Vehicle Speed For Operation Settings

I just installed a Corsa on a 2013 Charger R/T and all is well as usual with a Corsa except when MDS is active at speeds 50 and under and then its according to the load. On flat road or low load its hums.
    I see MOPAR has the minimum @9mph and Max @128.

There's also a separate set of parameters called ECO with the same settings. I thought they were one in the same? Somebody please explain.

Anyways I was thinking about setting the minimum to 50 and see how than goes.

Thanks
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler
    2005 Radix'd Silverado L33 5.3 ECSB Z71 @ 387-HP 395-TQ

Advanced Tuner
    Just try it.
    We usually just turn it off, it's annoying with custom exhaust.

Thanks, I already did and I'm Soooo! Happy!

I drove it around and found the minimum speed it annoyed in my car was a crack over 60mph. So I did the below and I'm set free.
    The car around town is like a different car. I should have done this before the Corsa.
    The ECO light still displays I guess to let me know I am being light footed on the pedal.
    Aver 60 it comes in without a peep only to see the mpg slide meter bump up a tick or two.

2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler

I took a placebo

Well, I'm embarrassed.
    I decided to try and scan the before and after MDS tweaks and was looking at MAP when it engages and it drops.
    After making the changes it seems to not change. So it looks like in effect I took a placebo and really disabled it.

I'll keep experimenting.

I need a layout or suggestion on the best way to monitor live the MDS being enabled and disabled.

I looked at a challenger tune and see they have a table I don't. Engine/Torque Management/General/MDS (DoD Minimum Torque.

Sigh........

Update, I was able to move it from the 9mph up to 20mph minimum. After this its just disabled. I am working on it with HPT support. I hope they find the code to allow a much higher MDS.

I have read lots of feedback on MDS. On mine after much testing on the same route several times, with MDS on my avg mpg recovers much faster with it on. That would indicate some kind of savings.
    To have it set to a 65mph minimum would be nice for me on trips. No buzz around town and hard to notice on highway cruise speeds.

Advanced Tuner
    MDS blows....its a mpg solution to an emissions created problem that results in horrid NVH, not to mention the annoying engine response and power variations.
    You can actually improve on factory MDS mpg by 5-10% if you forget MDS and retune cam timing and ign.
    Have a real good look at the p/t cam maps. Veeery retarded cam timing on cruise makes the engine a dog but keeps the Nox cops happy.
    Sort this out and retune ign to suit and the engine will feel better, sound better and use less gas.

Update: It has been determined that MOPAR has a lock on the minimum MDS enable to be 20mph so we are SOL for a wider adjustment range. I also found out if you have a RAM or such and put larger tires on and go to the dealer and ask for a change they tell you the same thing. They can only up the minimum between 9mph to 20mph.

MDS blows....its a mpg solution to an emissions created problem that results in horrid NVH, not to mention the annoying engine response and power variations.
    You can actually improve on factory MDS mpg by 5-10% if you forget MDS and retune cam timing and ign.
    Have a real good look at the p/t cam maps. Veeery retarded cam timing on cruise makes the engine a dog but keeps the Nox cops happy.
    Sort this out and retune ign to suit and the engine will feel better, sound better and use less gas.
    I dunno about all that. It seems if this were the case I would have heard and read of it before. MDS does not blow for me. My avg mpg recovers much faster with it enabled. I don't experiance annoying engine response and power variations. It pretty much seamless on mine.
    My complaint is I can hear it more with the Corsa catback but I'm use to it now. I do wish we had more adjustment range.

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 2therock View Post
    Update: It has been determined that MOPAR has a lock on the minimum MDS enable to be 20mph so we are SOL for a wider adjustment range. I also found out if you have a RAM or such and put larger tires on and go to the dealer and ask for a change they tell you the same thing. They can only up the minimum between 9mph to 20mph.

I dunno about all that. It seems if this were the case I would have heard and read of it before. MDS does not blow for me. My avg mpg recovers much faster with it enabled. I don't experiance annoying engine response and power variations. It pretty much seamless on mine.
    My complaint is I can hear it more with the Corsa catback but I'm use to it now. I do wish we had more adjustment range.

Thanks
    Has there been any new developments with this? I like the idea of being able to only have MDS enable on the highway, but if HPT or anyone else never found a way to work around the Mopar lock I'll just leave it off. Thanks.

Not that I have heard. I did get a response from HTP tech support confirming its locked.