Thread: Procharged 17 Challenger HP70 3600 CD WOT 2>3 shift issue

Tuner in Training

Procharged 17 Challenger HP70 3600 CD WOT 2>3 shift issue

Well after reading up and seeing many issues with the Circle D 3600 stall on the RT challengers I thought I would throw out my issue and hope for an easy fix from people smarter than me! Little background just trying to get in the 10's with my procharged 17 RT. Running a 392 intake & 3.09 diff with Texas Speed stage 3 cam and Circle D 3600 Stall Converter. Attached are track logs a 11.39 and 11.46 and my current tune. You will see in the log the first initial peak has to be my Stall please let me know if I am wrong but biggest issue is the 2>3 shift commanded 20+ MPH before it shifts. There is no dip at 4800 so I know there is an issue with SRV actuating so I have already ordered a Z automotive SRV controller just not here yet. Could increase shift pressure but that first peak really throws me off. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

-Dogg

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by themikecooper View Post
    Well after reading up and seeing many issues with the Circle D 3600 stall on the RT challengers I thought I would throw out my issue and hope for an easy fix from people smarter than me! Little background just trying to get in the 10's with my procharged 17 RT. Running a 392 intake & 3.09 diff with Texas Speed stage 3 cam and Circle D 3600 Stall Converter. Attached are track logs a 11.39 and 11.46 and my current tune. You will see in the log the first initial peak has to be my Stall please let me know if I am wrong but biggest issue is the 2>3 shift commanded 20+ MPH before it shifts. There is no dip at 4800 so I know there is an issue with SRV actuating so I have already ordered a Z automotive SRV controller just not here yet. Could increase shift pressure but that first peak really throws me off. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

-Dogg
    Hello,

Looking at the logs (both have a very very similar behavior):
    - Uneven shift schedule
    - Shift pressure not ideal
    - Flare 4th to 5th
    - Weird behavior on torque (could be related to timing / VE table / torque management)
    - Potential lack of pressure on torque converter
    - Torque management

DodgeBoy.
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@dodgeboy2785

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgeBoy_8HP View Post
    Hello,

Looking at the logs (both have a very very similar behavior):
    - Uneven shift schedule
    - Shift pressure not ideal
    - Flare 4th to 5th
    - Weird behavior on torque (could be related to timing / VE table / torque management)
    - Potential lack of pressure on torque converter
    - Torque management

DodgeBoy.
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@dodgeboy2785
    I have been running in sport mode I wonder if switching over to track mode would automatically up the shift pressure.

- Uneven shift schedule - Adjustments to shift schedule was to hook better and attempt to finish 1/4 without 4>5 shift.
    - Shift pressure not ideal - track mode switch potentially.
    - Flare 4th to 5th - wondering if needed for 1/4 mile I feel like 125 mph in 4th is archivable.
    - Weird behavior on torque (could be related to timing / VE table / torque management) - Did notice VE is missing smoothing in WOT.
    - Potential lack of pressure on torque converter - Is that a Circle D 3600 issue or in tune.
    - Torque management - Clearly an issue.

-Dogg

Tuner
    - Uneven shift schedule - Adjustments to shift schedule was to hook better and attempt to finish 1/4 without 4>5 shift.
    --> Understood. It is still possible to make it more even.

--> Yes, track mode would change shift pressure

- Flare 4th to 5th - wondering if needed for 1/4 mile I feel like 125 mph in 4th is archivable.
    --> It might be possible in case shift points are higher (different CAM would help)

- Weird behavior on torque (could be related to timing / VE table / torque management) - Did notice VE is missing smoothing in WOT.
    --> Sounds good

- Potential lack of pressure on torque converter - Is that a Circle D 3600 issue or in tune.
    --> Tune (apparently)

--> Yes. Torque behavior is very strange

Thanks.
    DodgeBoy.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgeBoy_8HP View Post
    --> Understood. It is still possible to make it more even.

--> Yes, track mode would change shift pressure

--> It might be possible in case shift points are higher (different CAM would help)

--> Sounds good

--> Tune (apparently)

--> Yes. Torque behavior is very strange

Thanks.
    DodgeBoy.
    I appreciate your responses and think I have a plan switch to track mode and adjust the shift schedule for 1/4 mile focus. I also need to blend the VE tables with more WOT cells. After making adjustments I will post the tune.

-Dogg

Advanced Tuner
    the tc behavior is not strange...

the throttle is closing and making it look strange

*never tune engine and trans separately
    Last edited by LilSick; 4 Days Ago at 02:56 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    the tc behavior is not strange...

the throttle is closing and making it look strange

*never tune engine and trans separately
    They were originally tuned together but when the procharger was added they were split in two different files or so I thought please look at the attached file2017 Dodge Challenger_FIC1000_2.5_Pulley.hpt

-Dogg