Thread: Service Spark?

Question Service Spark?

does anyone know what Service spark option does? i assume is disables the secondary spark on the cylinder, im hoping it will make both plugs fire on the compression stroke.(probably not the case) any help would be great. thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Stroker's baby!

Quote Originally Posted by 06charger View Post
    does anyone know what Service spark option does? i assume is disables the secondary spark on the cylinder, im hoping it will make both plugs fire on the compression stroke.(probably not the case) any help would be great. thanks
    or do they both already fire on the compression stroke just a short time apart from each other
    ?
    Stroker's baby!

Potential Tuner
    I was wondering the same thing.
    I keep thinking its for waste spark to help keep the service life of the Spark plug longer on exhaust stroke. Im assuming it helps keeps the tip of the spark plug clean of carbon on the exhaust stroke. Maybe HPTuners can chime in on this setting.

Tuner
    geez be nice if there any info on this service spark, been looking for years now and not even a dodge/ram tech even knows enough to say for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by tmanplanet View Post
    geez be nice if there any info on this service spark, been looking for years now and not even a dodge/ram tech even knows enough to say for certain.
    it's waste spark, purely for emissions
    62 Biscayne 425/409 SS/D stock class car 10.60s
    66 Dart 426CIG3 8.60@171 2750lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Ram All Alum , 468Ci G3 10.50s @4800 lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Rumble Bee, built 6.1 ,4000lbs 10.48 @ 129s MPH. Naturally asperated
    05 Rumble Stock 5.7, 3.92s TUNE ONLY 13.94@98mph

The Dodge tech are just cigarette smoking in the shop right under the hood of your car dumb fucks with a very very VERY dirty work environment. Wish I took pics. Desoto, Missouri. And they forget to tidy up and give you all your parts back. Dodge doesn't care.

Tuner
    Lol

Tuner
    so its multiple sparks per event?

No, it’s 180* spark, the idea is to burn off residual fuel, it’s a much weaker spark, the 03’s used it, DCX stopped programming it in the later 04’s , but it’s still part of the base program..... it’s useless function
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q